Kelli Anne Noftle & Julia Bloch: Saturday April 7, 7pm

1 view

Agitprop Reading Series

Mar 19, 2012, 4:19:49 PM3/19/12
to agitpro...@googlegroups.com

Dear Friends,

After a brief hiatus in March, we invite you to join us for a reading by Kelli Anne Noftle and Julia Bloch at Agitprop on Saturday, April 7 at 7pm. For a full list of upcoming literary arts events, have a look at our online schedule.

Kelli Anne Noftle grew up in Lynchburg, Virginia. She has a B.A. in Visual Art and is a graduate of the Master of Professional Writing Program at the University of Southern California. Her first collection of poems, I Was There For Your Somniloquy, was selected by Pulitzer Prize winner Rae Armantrout for the Omnidawn Book Prize. Her work has appeared in several literary journals including Colorado Review, The Journal, VERSE, Blackbird, Cream City Review, Conduit, and Harvard Summer Review among others.

Both musically and lyrically, Kelli has collaborated and performed with several bands in Southern California. Her singer/songwriter project is Miniature Soap and her debut solo album, I Don't Like You, is a collection of songs sonically divided into sets of three.

Julia Bloch is editor (with Michael Hennessey) of Jacket2. Recent essays, reviews, and poetry appear in Aufgabe, P-Queue, Journal of Modern Literature, and How2; her book Letters to Kelly Clarkson will appear in early 2012 from Sidebrow Books. From 2006 to 2011 she cocurated the Emergency reading series at the Kelly Writers House at the University of Pennsylvania, where she completed a PhD in English literature. She lives in Southern California and works as an assistant professor of literature at Bard College’s MAT program.

There is no cover charge for reading, but libations and donations to the gallery are always necessary and welcome. We hope to see you there and for festivities before and after.

Agitprop (Map)
Saturday, April 7, 7pm
2837 University Avenue in North Park (Entrance on Utah, behind Glenn's Market)
San Diego, CA 92104
619.384.7989

For more information about the Agitprop Reading Series and Agitprop Art Space, visit our webpage,  join our Facebook group, or sign up to receive email announcements from us.

UPCOMING READINGS

April 7: Kelli Anne Noftle & Julia Bloch
May 5: Charles Alexander
June 2: Rodrigo Toscano
October 6: Brandon Brown, Alli Warren & Company
November 3: Joseph Harrington