Kim Koga & Ken White, Saturday 12/3, 7pm

Agitprop Reading Series

Nov 27, 2011, 1:59:44 PM11/27/11
to agitpro...@googlegroups.com

Dear Friends,

We hope you can join us for our last reading of 2011 on Saturday, December 3 at 7pm for a reading at Agitprop by poets Kim Koga and Ken White.

 Kim Koga is the author of Ligature Strain (Tinfish Press 2011).  She received her MFA from the University of Notre Dame where she co-edited two MFA publications The Bend and Re:Visions, worked as Action Books' editorial assistant, and curated a reading series with fellow MFA student CJ Waterman.   She's a co-founder of Cal State San Marcos' Creative Writing Community and Workshop, their publication: Oh, Cat, and the Student Reading Series.  Kim has interned with 1913 Press and Factorial Press.  Her publications include Lantern Review, Triton College's Ariel XXX, and 1913: a journal of forms.

Ken White is a poet, screenwriter, and member of the Screen Actor's Guild, who received his MFA in Creative Writing from the University of Montana. His poetry has appeared in several journals, including The Boston Review, The Tusculum Review, Columbia: A Journal of Literature and Art, and Versal. In addition to co-writing and co-producing the forthcoming feature film “Winter in the Blood,” his screenplay “Blight,” (with JJ Braider), was optioned by Titan films in association with Sony and later by JML films. He has also written screen adaptations of Goethe's The Sorrows of Young Werther (with JJ Braider), and the medieval Irish epic The Tain Bo Cuailgne – The Cattle Raid of Cooley. He's currently working on a new poetry manuscript, The Getty Fiend.

Agitprop readings are free, but wine and donations to the gallery are always welcome.

We hope to see you there and for festivities before and after.

For more information about the Agitprop Reading Series and Agitprop Art Space, visit our webpage or join our Facebook group.

Agitprop Gallery

Saturday, December 3, 7pm

2837 University Avenue in North Park (Entrance on Utah, behind Glenn's

Market) Google Map

San Diego, CA 92104

619.384.7989