Charles Alexander & Aaron Kunin this Saturday May 5, 7pm

Agitprop Reading Series

Apr 29, 2012, 4:58:54 PM4/29/12
to agitpro...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

We hope you can join us for a reading by Charles Alexander and Aaron Kunin at Agitprop this Saturday, May 5 at 7pm. For a full list of upcoming literary arts events, have a look at our online schedule.

Charles Alexander is the founder/director of Chax Press, author of five books of poetry, most recently Pushing Water, from Cuneiform Press in 2011; and 9 chapbooks. He is the editor of Talking the Boundless Book (Minnesota Center for Book Arts), and former director of Minnesota Center for Book Arts. Alexander also is Senior Lecturer at University of Arizona South (where he co-directs the program for English majors), and he teaches at the Naropa University Summer Writing Program. In Tucson, he is a co-founder and one of the several directors of the organization POG, which has presented poetry and prose readings, visual art presentations and lectures, musical performances, and more. He is married to the visual artist Cynthia Miller, and has two daughters, Kate and Nora.

Aaron Kunin is recently the author of The Sore Throat and Other Poems. His other books include a poetry collection, Folding Ruler Star, and a novel, The Mandarin. Grace Period, a collection of aphorisms, sketches, and fragments, is forthcoming. He lives in Los Angeles. You can hear several recent recordings on Kunin’s PennSound author page.

There is no cover charge for reading, but libations and donations to the gallery are always welcome. We hope to see you there and for festivities before and after.

Agitprop (Map)
Saturday, May 5, 7pm
2837 University Avenue in North Park (Entrance on Utah, behind where Glenn's Market used to be)
San Diego, CA 92104
619.384.7989

For more information about the Agitprop Reading Series and Agitprop Art Space, visit our webpage, join our Facebook group, or sign up to receive email announcements from us.

UPCOMING READINGS

May 5: Charles Alexander & Aaron Kunin
June 2: Zyzzyva Magazine celebration with John Gibler & Oscar Villalon
October 6: Brandon Brown, Alli Warren & Company
November 3: Joseph Harrington