Problem with sprint start date and UTF8

Tiago Herrmann

Apr 25, 2015, 2:58:53 PM4/25/15
to ag...@googlegroups.com

This problem occurs in some sprints when I open the backlog. If I change the start and final date of sprint for one that works, the error does not occur.
This error occur in some dates, why? What can i do to solve it?

File "build/bdist.win32/egg/trac/web/main.py", line 513, in _dispatch_request
  dispatcher.dispatch(req)
File "build/bdist.win32/egg/trac/web/main.py", line 222, in dispatch
  resp = chosen_handler.process_request(req)
File "C:/Python27/lib/site-packages/agilo-0.9.14-py2.7.egg/agilo/api/view.py", line 155, in process_request
  return self._call_filters_and_handler(req, handler)
File "C:/Python27/lib/site-packages/agilo-0.9.14-py2.7.egg/agilo/api/view.py", line 143, in _call_filters_and_handler
  data = handler(req) or {}
File "C:/Python27/lib/site-packages/agilo-0.9.14-py2.7.egg/agilo/scrum/backlog/web_ui.py", line 333, in do_get
  sprint_start_date=backlog.sprint().start.strftime("%a %B %d").decode('utf8'),
File "C:/Python27/Lib/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
  return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)

System Information:

Trac1.0.5
Agilo0.9.14
Genshi0.7 (without speedups)
mod_wsgi3.5 (WSGIProcessGroup WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL})
MySQLserver: "5.1.39-community-log", client: "6.0.0", thread-safe: 1
MySQLdb1.2.5
Python2.7.6 (default, Nov 10 2013, 19:24:18) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
setuptools15.1

Enabled Plugins:

agilo0.9.14c:\python27\lib\site-packages\agilo-0.9.14-py2.7.egg
multipleworkflowplugin1.0c:\python27\lib\site-packages\multipleworkflowplugin-1.0-py2.7.egg
tracaccountmanager0.4.4c:\svntrac\plugins\tracaccountmanager-0.4.4-py2.7.egg

Stefano Rago

Apr 28, 2015, 12:17:53 PM4/28/15
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tiago,

On 24 Apr 2015, at 22:26, Tiago Herrmann <tiago.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

This problem occurs in some sprints when I open the backlog. If I change the start and final date of sprint for one that works, the error does not occur.
This error occur in some dates, why? What can i do to solve it?

could you please provide an example date that triggers the error?

cheers,
Stefano Rago

Tiago Herrmann

Apr 29, 2015, 9:58:39 AM4/29/15
to ag...@googlegroups.com

This is the dates.

Stefano Rago

May 4, 2015, 3:33:48 AM5/4/15
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tiago,

thanks for providing this information. I could not manage to reproduce your issue on a newly created environment.
It’s possible that this is a local installation issue caused by bad interaction with other trac plugins. Can you try to disable all other third party plugins and check again?

cheers,

Stefano Rago

Follow Agilo on Twitter: http://twitter.com/agilofortrac
Please support us by reviewing and voting on:
http://userstories.com/products/8-agilo-for-scrum
http://ohloh.net/p/agilo-trac
http://freshmeat.net/projects/agiloforscrum

You have received this message because you are subscribed to
the "Agilo for Trac" Google Group. This group is focused on
supporting Agilo for Trac users and is moderated by
Agilo Software GmbH <http://www.agilosoftware.com>.

agilo+un...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/agilo

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Agilo for Trac" group.

Stefano Rago
Software Engineer
Agilo Software GmbH
Gruenberger Str. 54
10245 Berlin, Germany

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg: HRB 127146
CEO Marion Eickmann, Andrea Tomasini

Tiago Herrmann

May 4, 2015, 9:37:52 AM5/4/15
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefano

I disabled all the others plugins. The error continue appearing.
I forgot to mention. This error occurrs after a migrate trac + agilo to a new version. In the previous version this error don't occurred.

Stefano Rago

May 6, 2015, 3:46:49 AM5/6/15
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tiago,

what Operating System is the trac instance running on? Which is the OS locale?
How is trac+agilo configured to be served? Is it running behind Apache? Do you use mod_wsgi?

Can you please provide the following?
- full content of the /about page
- content of the trac.ini file for your trac+agilo installation
- full content of the error page

please make sure to remove any sensitive information from these pages before sending.

It could be that this issue is caused by a particular locale/date and time format in use. If that is the case, you might be able to change it to validate this hypothesis to some other value, like described here:

a good test value would be “en_US.UTF-8”, provided that this locale is installed on your system.

Cheers,
Stefano

Tiago Herrmann

May 6, 2015, 10:09:23 AM5/6/15
to ag...@googlegroups.com
This is the print of error.

Windows Server 2012 + Apache + MySQL
Imagem inline 1

This is abou page without configurartion section.

System Information

PackageVersion
Trac1.0.5
Agilo0.9.14
Genshi0.7 (without speedups)
mod_wsgi3.5 (WSGIProcessGroup WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL})
MySQLserver: "5.1.39-community-log", client: "6.0.0", thread-safe: 1
MySQLdb1.2.5
Python2.7.7 (default, Jun 1 2014, 14:17:13) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
setuptools3.5.1
Subversion1.8.1 (r1503906)
jQuery1.7.2
jQuery UI1.8.21
jQuery Timepicker1.0.1

Installed Plugins

NameVersionLocation
agilo0.9.14c:\python27\lib\site-packages\agilo-0.9.14-py2.7.egg
multipleworkflowplugin1.0c:\python27\lib\site-packages\multipleworkflowplugin-1.0-py2.7.egg
trac-workflownotificationplugin0.5c:\python27\lib\site-packages\trac_workflownotificationplugin-0.5-py2.7.egg
tracaccountmanager0.4.4c:\python27\lib\site-packages\tracaccountmanager-0.4.4-py2.7.egg

Interface Customization

Site templates
Shared templatesagilo_admin_general.html agilo_import.html agilo_macros.html theme.html
Site static resources
Shared static resources

Tiago Herrmann

May 6, 2015, 1:05:28 PM5/6/15
to ag...@googlegroups.com

Look this:

# name, start, sprint_end
'Sprint 14 - 2015', '1427684400', '1428634800'
'Sprint 15 - 2015', '1428289200', '1429239600'

Sprint 15 when i open the sprint backlog work fine
Sprint 14 when i open the sprint backlog that error occurs

If i use the start and sprint_end of sprint 15 in sprint 14. The sprint 14 works.

Stefano Rago

May 7, 2015, 3:16:44 AM5/7/15
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tiago,

most likely, this is caused by a special character in the rendering of Sprint 14’s start date (30 Mar 2015).
For this reason, I asked you in my previous email what is your system’s locale, because I cannot tell from the data you provided so far.
Different locales imply a different rendering of the month’s readable format, e.g. in German this would be ‘Mär’, which does contain a special character.
Please provide also the content of the trac.ini file and check if your “C:/Python27/lib/site-packages/“ folder contains the Babel package.

cheers,

Stefano Rago

Tiago Herrmann

May 7, 2015, 8:20:49 AM5/7/15
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefano

Sorry for my fault. The system locale is Portuguese (Brazil)
You are right. The error occur because March = Março in portuguese.
I try install babel but all trac stop when i install it.

Stefano Rago

May 8, 2015, 3:44:56 AM5/8/15
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tiago,

On 07 May 2015, at 14:20, Tiago Herrmann <tiago.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry for my fault. The system locale is Portuguese (Brazil)
You are right. The error occur because March = Março in portuguese.
I try install babel but all trac stop when i install it.

You don’t have to install babel necessarily.
In fact I don’t get any error without babel, using Portuguese locale.

To reproduce your environment I used this locale:

pt_PT.UTF-8

I am not sure that yours is exactly the same, perhaps Portuguese with some encoding other that UTF-8?

If you can find out exactly what locale your system is using we can try and see if we have the same issue, otherwise it will be complicated to help further.

Since your using Apache, you might find on this link a way to change the locale to the same I have been successfully using (pt_PT.UTF-8):

Hope this helps,

Stefano Rago

Tiago Herrmann

May 11, 2015, 8:52:01 AM5/11/15
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefano

I could not locate where i can configure these options. I tried some configurations written in this link, but i did not get the result expected.
I tried change Apache Language, tried change in wsgi and no option worked.

Thank's

Tiago

Stefano Rago

May 13, 2015, 3:56:56 AM5/13/15
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tiago,

can you please provide the apache configuration files for your Agilo environment?
Please make sure to include all possible files and information that can help us debug the issue.

thanks,

Stefano Rago

Stefano Rago

May 29, 2015, 4:05:42 AM5/29/15
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tiago,

I created a bug report for your issue, it will be fixed asap:

In the meantime, you can work around the issue by configuring English locale by adding this line to your trac.wsgi file and restarting the server:

environ['trac.locale'] = 'English_United Kingdom’

Thanks a lot for the information you provided

cheers,
Stefano Rago

Tiago Herrmann

May 29, 2015, 7:33:58 AM5/29/15
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefano

Thanks for help.

Att
Tiago Herrmann

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Agilo for Trac" group.