Error When Editing User Story When Tasks Below it Still Have Hours

sojrner

Nov 24, 2015, 11:42:00 AM11/24/15
to Agilo for Trac
I've looked through this group and the agilo ticket list to no avail. Apologies if I've missed something obvious... When editing most fields in a user story, if there are any hours on tasks referencing it Agilo throws the following error:

"TypeError: expected string or buffer"

We have tracked this to be only an issue when tasks still have hours, which then show as remaining time on the story. We can also change the story from "story" to "task" types without issue, but changing any other data point results in that error. (including trying to change it back from "task" to "story") If we move all hours of child tickets to zero, everything is fine and editing can continue on the story.

This seems like incorrect behavior, as I've read posts here about similar issues that seem to confirm that a story should be able to be closed regardless of task state. (makes sense when you don't use up all hours on a task, but the story is fulfilled) I'm including the call list and other system information for completeness. I appreciate all the help.

Thank you.

Most recent call last:
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Trac-1.0.5-py2.6.egg/trac/web/main.py", line 513, in _dispatch_request
  dispatcher.dispatch(req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Trac-1.0.5-py2.6.egg/trac/web/main.py", line 222, in dispatch
  resp = chosen_handler.process_request(req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Trac-1.0.5-py2.6.egg/trac/ticket/web_ui.py", line 182, in process_request
  return self._process_ticket_request(req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/binary_agilo-1.3.14_PRO-py2.6.egg/agilo/ticket/web_ui.py", line 227, in _process_ticket_request
  template, data, content_type = super(AgiloTicketModule, self)._process_ticket_request(req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Trac-1.0.5-py2.6.egg/trac/ticket/web_ui.py", line 619, in _process_ticket_request
  self._do_save(req, ticket, action)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Trac-1.0.5-py2.6.egg/trac/ticket/web_ui.py", line 1342, in _do_save
  replyto=req.args.get('replyto'))
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/binary_agilo-1.3.14_PRO-py2.6.egg/agilo/ticket/model.py", line 854, in save_changes
  self._check_business_rules()
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/binary_agilo-1.3.14_PRO-py2.6.egg/agilo/ticket/model.py", line 838, in _check_business_rules
  RuleEngine(self.env).validate_rules(self)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/binary_agilo-1.3.14_PRO-py2.6.egg/agilo/scrum/workflow/api.py", line 63, in validate_rules
  r.validate(ticket)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/binary_agilo-1.3.14_PRO-py2.6.egg/agilo/scrum/workflow/rules.py", line 230, in validate
  match = self.extract_numbers_regex.match(remaining_time)

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0

Trac 1.0.5
Agilo 1.3.14-PRO
Agilo 1.3.14-PRO
Agilo 1.3.14-PRO
Agilo 1.3.14-PRO
Docutils 0.8.1
Genshi 0.7 (without speedups)
Mercurial 2.4.1
mod_wsgi 3.4 (WSGIProcessGroup sitestrac WSGIApplicationGroup trac)
pysqlite 2.4.1
Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Nov 21 2013, 10:50:32) [GCC 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-4)]
pytz 2010h
setuptools 0.6
SQLite 3.6.20
Subversion 1.6.11 (r934486)
jQuery1.7.2
jQuery UI1.8.21
jQuery Timepicker1.0.1

Enabled Plugins:

binary-agilo 1.3.14-PRO /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/binary_agilo-1.3.14_PRO-py2.6.egg
IniAdmin 0.2-r10454 /projects/trac/plugins/IniAdmin-0.2_r10454-py2.6.egg
timingandestimationplugin 1.3.7 /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/timingandestimationplugin-1.3.7-py2.6.egg
TracAccountManager 0.4 /projects/trac/plugins/TracAccountManager-0.4-py2.6.egg
TracMercurial 1.0.0.3dev /projects/trac/plugins/TracMercurial-1.0.0.3dev-py2.6.egg

Claudio Di Cosmo

Nov 27, 2015, 4:23:51 AM11/27/15
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Hi sojrner,

On 24 Nov 2015, at 17:42, sojrner <soj...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Thank you for using our Agilo for Trac.

The issue that you are experiencing can be also related to the interaction with other plugins that are installed on your trac instance. One test that you can do is to disable all plugins not related to agilo for trac and check if the error is still showing up.
Moreover, the trac version 1.0.5 is not supported/tested yet and we are aware of some incompatibility issues for version greater then 1.0.2, so I would recommend, if possible, to downgrade your version to the latest supported one.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Cheers,

Claudio Di Cosmo
Software Engineer
Agilo Software GmbH
Gruenberger Str. 54
10245 Berlin, Germany

claudio...@agilosoftware.com
http://www.agilosoftware.com

Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/agiloforscrumhttp://twitter.com/agilofortrac

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg: HRB 127146
CEO Marion Eickmann, Andrea Tomasini

sojrner

Dec 30, 2015, 4:59:36 PM12/30/15
to Agilo for Trac
This was a strange animal indeed. I went through and disabled all plugins to no avail. After digging through logs and much google-fu I found this post that apparently I missed before:

That was my problem; I had played around with making the actual remaining time field on stories try to sum the hours from tasks below it. I had of course forgotten that I had done so until reading the above post. Simply removing that calculated field stopped the typeError from cropping up.

While I understand (now) how the calculated field was blowing this up, this might be a great candidate for giving a meaningful error at some point in the chain, whether at the time of creation of the faulty field, or at the explosion that says "hey! you have a bad field here!"

Just a suggestion. Thanks for the help on this.

Claudio Di Cosmo

Jan 4, 2016, 4:35:50 AM1/4/16
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sojrner,

Thank you for the insights.
Indeed a better message will be helpful in the resolution of this kind of issues. We will work on improving it.

Cheers,

Claudio Di Cosmo
Software Engineer
Agilo Software GmbH
Gruenberger Str. 54
10245 Berlin, Germany

claudio...@agilosoftware.com
http://www.agilosoftware.com

Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/agiloforscrumhttp://twitter.com/agilofortrac

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg: HRB 127146
CEO Marion Eickmann, Andrea Tomasini

Follow Agilo on Twitter: http://twitter.com/agilofortrac
Please support us by reviewing and voting on:
http://userstories.com/products/8-agilo-for-scrum
http://ohloh.net/p/agilo-trac
http://freshmeat.net/projects/agiloforscrum

You have received this message because you are subscribed to
the "Agilo for Trac" Google Group. This group is focused on
supporting Agilo for Trac users and is moderated by
Agilo Software GmbH <http://www.agilosoftware.com>.

agilo+un...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/agilo

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Agilo for Trac" group.