How to hack the "Cannot modify sprints that have ended" limitation?

Danijel

Mar 2, 2016, 6:32:58 AM3/2/16
to Agilo for Trac
Hi,
I am anoyed by "Cannot modify sprints that have ended." Many times I need to edit tasks in ended Sprints.

Is there a way to "hack" the source and remove this limitation?

Would very much appreciate the advice.

Regards.

Stefano Rago

Mar 7, 2016, 3:19:44 AM3/7/16
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danijel,

you want to look at this file:

agilo/scrum/backlog/json_ui.py

around line 143, there is a method called "_is_read_only_and_reason_from_backlog", which is in charge of deciding whether or not the sprint should be editable, including returning the message you mentioned.

However, other logic might depend on this so if you change this method, other parts of the system are not guaranteed to work as intended.

Hope this helps,

Stefano Rago

Follow Agilo on Twitter: http://twitter.com/agilofortrac
Please support us by reviewing and voting on:
http://userstories.com/products/8-agilo-for-scrum
http://ohloh.net/p/agilo-trac
http://freshmeat.net/projects/agiloforscrum

You have received this message because you are subscribed to
the "Agilo for Trac" Google Group. This group is focused on
supporting Agilo for Trac users and is moderated by
Agilo Software GmbH <http://www.agilosoftware.com>.

agilo+un...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/agilo

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Agilo for Trac" group.

Steve Hyde

Mar 7, 2016, 8:27:57 AM3/7/16
to ag...@googlegroups.com
The odd time I need this, I just edit the sprint end date, make my changes and then set the date back.

Danijel

Mar 7, 2016, 8:47:38 AM3/7/16
to Agilo for Trac
Thanks. I edited the py file.

I've replaced only one line
if backlog.sprint().is_closed:
    return (True, _('Cannot modify sprints that have ended.'))

with this

if backlog.sprint().is_closed:
    return (False, '')

But it still doesn't seem to work. What else do I need to do?

Stefano Rago

Mar 14, 2016, 4:18:03 AM3/14/16
to ag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danijel,

in this case I am afraid you will have to trace down the cause of the problem by means of debugging.
You could use pdb to set a break point at the beginning of the "_is_read_only_and_reason_from_backlog" method and then follow the execution path, to try and figure out what is happening.
Here you can find more information about pdb:

If you decide to use the debugger, you need to start the Agilo for Trac server using tracd, i.e. not using a web server like apache, otherwise you won't be able to access the debugging session. Here is how you can run trac in standalone mode using tracd:

Hope this helps,

Stefano

Stefano Rago
Software Engineer