Get Gojko Adzic'snext book free - but help him write it

1 view

Richard Fennell

Jan 10, 2014, 9:21:30 AM1/10/14
to agi...@googlegroups.com

Gojko has been a regular speaker at our group, thought this might be of interest

Gojko Adzic

Partner at Neuri Consulting LLP

Hi,

First of all, Happy Holidays and I wish you all the best in the new year. As a kind of a holiday present, I'm offering you a free copy of my next e-book.

I’ve worked with several teams last year that had reasonably good tech practices, but things coming into their work stream were not defined well, not split well, not valuable enough in isolation, and generally not the kind of user stories that give people the big benefits that they expect. Applying a few small changes to the way they manage user stories made a huge impact on the actual outcomes of their software delivery. This got me thinking that perhaps this is a wider problem and other teams could benefit from the ideas we applied. So I’m thinking about writing a book about that. I want to write about how to define better stories, how to spot and fix common issues, how to split them so that they are valuable but small, how to deal with difficult stuff like cross-cutting concerns, long-term effects and “non-functional” requirements, and above all, how to get the promise of agile and iterative delivery by ensuring that the right stuff gets discussed and agreed between delivery team members and stakeholders.

Before I jump into a few months of writing, I’d like to know if I’m right or wrong thinking that other people out there have the same issues. This is where you come in! So here’s the deal: if the situation I’ve described sounds familiar, and improving user stories would potentially make a big impact on what you deliver, pre-register for the book and if 5K people do that in January I’ll write it, and you get a free (ebook) copy.

Here's how you can make me write it: http://bit.ly/Jw7OWh

Gojko

This email, and any attachment, is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and / or privileged material. Its unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted. If you were not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Copyright in this e-mail and any document created by us remain with us and will not be transferred to you. We assert the right to be identified as the author of and to object to any misuses of the contents of this e-mail or such documents. You have a responsibility to ensure laws are not broken when composing or forwarding e-mails and their contents.