Fwd: Promotion of SPA 2013

Neil McLaughlin

Apr 25, 2013, 8:43:26 AM4/25/13
to agi...@googlegroups.com
http://www.spaconference.org/spa2013/

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andy Longshaw
Date: 22 April 2013 20:58
Subject: Promotion of SPA 2013
To: Neil McLaughlin
Cc: Dalgarno Mark

Hi Neil,

I'm the conference co-chair for the Software Practice Advancement (SPA) 2013 conference this year. Last year Agile Yorkshire were kind enough to help us promote the conference and I wondered if you would be willing to do the same again this year? If so, please could you forward the information below to your email list or promote it in whatever way you see fit?

Thanks

Andy

The BCS Software Practice Advancement conference is returning soon. The conference is recognised as a great place to learn about cutting-edge solutions to software challenges. Widespread adoption of object-orientation, agile methods, SOA, Cloud and functional programming has directly followed these approaches being previewed at the conference. Kent Beck – author of Extreme Programming says "I learned more at one ...(SPA)... than 10 ordinary conferences".

This year’s event runs from 23rd – 26th June in London and contains a strong programme of practical sessions on leading software technologies, practices and processes. This isn’t your usual ‘talking heads’ event and participants are encouraged to bring and share their own viewpoints to conference sessions and meet to discuss their individual challenges with their peers.

The deadline for early-bird tickets expires on 30th April with prices increasing after that date.

Neil McLaughlin

May 21, 2013, 6:07:10 AM5/21/13
to agi...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

We have negotiated a 10% discount for next months BCS Software Process Advancement Conference for Agile Yorkshire people.

Details of how to register are in the Upcoming Conferences section of www.agileyorkshire.org.

Also, did you know that we get a 36% discount on any books from Manning - just enter the promotional code 'ug367' when making a purchase at manning.com.

Cheers

Neil