Looking for C# and Ruby Senior Developers in Leeds

Sean Craig

Jan 21, 2014, 7:29:06 AM1/21/14
to agi...@googlegroups.com

NHS Choices are looking for experienced C# and  Ruby Senior Developers to join our team.

At NHS choices we use agile/lean software practices to deliver www.nhs.uk , the largest government website in the UK with over 36 million visitors per month.

We also deliver some of the main NHS campaign sites Change4Life, BeClearOnCancer and Smokefree for the Department of Health and Public Health England.

You need to have good problem solving skills and be willing to take on responsibilities to get the job done. Senior Developers will work closely with other developers, sometimes pair-programming. They will also work closely with architects, business analysts and product owners from the business, in order to refine stories for new projects. You should also have a keen interest in cutting edge internet technology and enjoy keeping up with the latest technological developments.

The roles are based in Leeds at our offices close to Leeds train station but there may be occasional travel to London.

The roles are permanent and on agenda for change band 8a (£39-47k) with access to the NHS final salary pension scheme.

http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/working-in-the-nhs/pay-and-benefits/agenda-for-change-pay-rates/

You need to be writing your code in a test-driven manner, and comfortable in mentoring others in doing so. You’ll be championing good development practices, such as TDD, BDD, Refactoring, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration and Deployment, SOLID principles, Design Patterns.

.Net

We are looking for talented and motivated developers with 3+ years professional experience. You should have strong  C#, ASP.net, MVC, SQL Server, JavaScript, jQuery, HTML & CSS. We’re also using Asp.Net Web API to create ReSTful APIs.

You can find more information and can apply here: http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/cgi-bin/vacdetails.cgi?selection=913276436

Ruby

For our Ruby developers we would ideally like people who are happy working in both Rails and non-rails frameworks. Strong SQL experience, as well as an open-minded attitude to using NoSQL data storage systems, and an interest in service oriented architectures would be a big plus. We are looking to build on the existing Ruby skills within our, currently mainly .Net oriented, team and the successful applicant must be able to mentor other developers to assist with this cross skilling.

You you can find more information and can apply here: http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/cgi-bin/vacdetails.cgi?selection=913276419

Feel free to email me at sean....@nhs.net if you have any questions.

We are not able to deal with 3rd parties on these vacancies so please don’t waste your time or ours.