DDD - Vaughn Vernon on "Rethinking Legacy and Monolithic Systems" - and more

Stanly Lau

Sep 3, 2020, 11:29:38 PM9/3/20
to agilesi...@googlegroups.com, Agile-Sing...@meetup.com
Hi,

I’m happy to announce that we’re bringing thought leaders of Domain Driven Design (DDD) closer to home (virtually though).

What is DDD?
It is a concept that asserts structure and language of software code should match the business domain.

How is it related to agile?
It supports teams to have a shared understanding congruent to the business and reduce the language gap. It also bring teams and business closer to understand business problems. The motivations and ideas aren’t new and can be found in object-oriented communities since 1980s. Read about it more from Martin Fowler.

As a start, I have invited Vaughn Vernon to share a talk on "Rethinking Legacy and Monolithic Systems” on 10 Sept, 8pm. He is well known for his books - Implementing Domain-Driven Design, Domain-Driven Design Distilled and Reactive Messaging Patterns. You may join his talk at https://www.meetup.com/Agile-Singapore/events/272924569

Since last year, community leaders in Vietnam and I had planned to bring Vaughn to Asia for his in-person Implementing Domain-Driven Design workshop and that won’t happen now due to covid. However, Vaughn has made it remote and offer the training suited for Asia’s timezone, 13-16 Oct, 9am to 12:30pm. If you are interested, use the following special url to find out more and enjoy the discounted price for us (USD $900 instead of $995). I have registered.

Alberto Brandolini is another important figure related to DDD, help teams and business to model business domain with a concept called EventStorming. SkillsMatter is organising his course on 21-23 September. We have a 10% discount code SEPT-EVENTSTORMING-10.

Thanks!
Stanly