PMI Agile Cop - June 28th - Are We Scrum, Lean, Agile, or ScrumAgilean?

TommyNorman

Jun 26, 2012, 10:50:04 PM6/26/12
to agilena...@googlegroups.com

Topic: Are We Scrum, Lean, Agile, ScrumAgilean?
Presented by: Jon Terry
Event Date: Thursday, June 28th, 2012

Event Time: 5:30pm - 7:00pm
Event Location: Brentwood Holiday Inn Express, 5566 Franklin Pike Circle, Brentwood, TN 37027

Online Registration Cost: $5 (PMI Nashville Members), $10 (Non-Members) if registered online by Wednesday, June 27th @ 11:59pm
Cost at the Door: $10 (Members & Non-Members) Walk-up registrations are limited and may not be available.

Register online and arrive on time to ensure seating. Credit Cards cannot be processed for walk-up registrants.

PDU's: 1

About this Event: We all know that Agile is sweeping the project management world. Or is it Lean? Lean Agile? Scrum? Kanban? Scrimagilean, maybe? Jon Terry of LeanKit will discuss how these ideas relate to each other. How Lean principles provide the organizational framework to allow Agile to succeed beyond the team level. What the Kanban method really is. Hint: It's not just an alternative to Scrum for maintenance teams. And how you can use the data that Kanban provides for dramatically better forecasting and continuous improvement:

  • The Toyota Production System and its Lean/Agile children
  • Lean Principles Overview
  • Visual Management and Pull Scheduling
  • Kanban, Scrum, and Scrumban
  • Workflow metrics based on actual results not estimates

About the Presenter: Jon Terry is Chief Operating Officer of LeanKit. Prior to joining LeanKit, Jon held a number of senior IT positions with hospital-giant HCA and its subsidiary HealthTrust Purchasing Group. During that time he was among those responsible for launching HCA’s widespread adoption of Lean/Agile methods. Jon earned his Global Executive MBA from Georgetown University and ESADE Business School in Barcelona, Spain. He is a Project Management Professional and a Certified Scrum Master.

http://www.cvent.com/events/pmi-nashville-it-bi-community-of-practice-cop-are-we-scrum-lean-agile-or-scrumagilean-/invitation-31a4eb4ba6bb4caa8816660cce192c22.aspx?c=14ef9b4f-3975-4358-a32c-4ba36779dfe0

TommyNorman

Jun 26, 2012, 11:12:00 PM6/26/12
to agilena...@googlegroups.com
THIS EVENT IS BEING RESCHEDULED! Tune in for updates on the new time and date.