osx

cisco

May 20, 2008, 12:11:05 PM5/20/08
to agileh...@googlegroups.com
hey guys, just wanted to give you guys an update since i know everyone was waiting for it (yeah right) but i got my hands on the mac book pro since my last post.  I haven't had much time to play with osx. i experimented with a basic class on coca this weekend not much but made me more interested in it.  I just read the primer and hopefully i'll have some time soon to dig deeper into it.   -- the different way of calling methods is going to take some getting used to.

overall an awesome machine.  6MB l2 cache seems to make a ton of difference over my old laptop.  I'm using bootcamp right now but plan on using it vmware too.  I have installed all the tools i need in vista and have not had any real issues. probably the best laptop i've ever had. SQL server runs very well.  I will have to do more tests within vmware but bootcamp is great.

 i 'crashed' my apple on the first day. the bluetooth application cratered on me while i was trying to send a picture from my phone. I thought that was interesting since it happened during my first hour on the thing. I think the msg had a 'bsd' on it but can't remember... maybe it was just trying to let me know where i'm coming from.

Cisco