ioc - Structuremap

cisco

Jun 13, 2008, 4:25:58 PM6/13/08
to agileh...@googlegroups.com

 I'm new to trying these dependency injection frameworks so i decided to start with StructureMap.  Now i'm using the fluent interface to avoid all these xml files.  How do you guys normally do this?

let's say that i have an asp.net website.  Application_Start i have something along these lines

 StructureMapConfiguration.AddRegistry( new RegistryDerivedObject() );

where should RegistryDerivedObject reside? in the web project, in the project where it is used, or in a seperate 'Registry derived only' project?

 I'm also trying to understand how peoplare using these frameworks? Are you guys using it to substitute a service for another quickly without recompilation?   If so how do you handle that using the fluent interface since you would have to change the code a bit.

Cisco

Gary Williams

Jun 13, 2008, 6:10:16 PM6/13/08
to agileh...@googlegroups.com
The best person to ask about StructureMap is Jeremy Miller because he is the author.  He's a great guy and generally more than willing to answer questions.  His blog and contact info is http://codebetter.com/blogs/jeremy.miller/default.aspx.