Meeting Reminder - Clean Code II: Craftsmanship and Ethics

Ben Rady

Aug 27, 2007, 1:12:42 PM8/27/07
to agileh...@googlegroups.com, agilehoust...@googlegroups.com, hj...@yahoogroups.com

See you tomorrow!

August 28th 2007 - 6:30 PM
University of Houston
Hoffman Hall, Room 563
Directions and Parking

Clean Code II: Craftsmanship and Ethics.
Presented by Robert Martin of Object Mentor

What does it mean to be a professional software developer? What rules do we follow? What attitudes do we hold? And how can we maintain our professionalism in the face of schedule pressure? In this talk Robert C. Martin outlines the professional ethics of software craftsmanship. He resolves the dilemma of speed vs. quality, and mess vs schedule. He provides a set of principles and simple Dos and Don'ts for teams who want to be counted as professional craftsmen.