Virtual Agile game for explaining Story points

Manju Nair

Apr 9, 2021, 11:13:04 AM4/9/21
to AgileGames
Hi All,

New member here! stumbled upon this group while looking for some agile games for my next team event. I'd love to get some suggestions on virtual games to explain story points and relative sizing  to my teams. Willing to use Miro for set up or any other apps out there.

Thanks,
Manju Nair

Richard Kasperowski

Apr 9, 2021, 1:30:05 PM4/9/21
to agile...@googlegroups.com

Rose Abbl

Apr 9, 2021, 4:32:48 PM4/9/21
to agile...@googlegroups.com
here is a game to prep for a party.  It was written to focus on vertical vs horizontal slicing but could easily be used to break down epics to stories and add points.

--
Party Prep CleanRooms Game.docx

Manju Nair

Apr 9, 2021, 5:50:53 PM4/9/21
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! Vertical and horizontal is another great topic for the team. I will check it out.

--
Best,
Manju Nair

George Dinwiddie

Apr 21, 2021, 4:40:05 PM4/21/21
to agile...@googlegroups.com
If you're going that route, you might try Example Mapping. Coming up
with the essential example scenarios automatically provides vertical
slicing, and can inform story estimates if you still need that.

https://cucumber.io/blog/bdd/example-mapping-introduction/

- George

Consultant and Coach https://pragprog.com/titles/gdestimate/