Ice breaker - fun game suggestions

Vinodhini.S

Apr 21, 2021, 11:41:25 AM4/21/21
to AgileGames
Hi Team, I am in a team with all new members working from geographically distributed locations. We are planning for a virtual coffee meeting so that we can get to know more about each other. In general to build the team bonding and not be very strictly official during the general meeting we have as a team. Any suggestions about the games we can use?

Thanks,
Vino

Shyam Kumar

Apr 21, 2021, 4:13:59 PM4/21/21
to AgileGames
Suggest you explore the "Personal Canvas" activity as a possibility.

We recently tried this withing a new team and the results were quite encouraging.

The best part is you can create your own canvas design - populate it with items that you think will be most interesting - and lead with your canvas.

Good Luck in your quest!!!

James Thomas

Apr 21, 2021, 5:27:55 PM4/21/21
to AgileGames
I would recommend this game called sliding scale Semantics

You can easily recreate this and modify the sliders to other things but these topics bring up

One of my favorite and easy for larger groups and small.

Vinodhini Srikrishnarajah

Apr 22, 2021, 2:35:36 AM4/22/21
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Shyam and James, will take a look at these suggestions.

Bob Yu

Apr 22, 2021, 2:35:50 AM4/22/21
to AgileGames
I usually do Two Truths and a Lie when I join a new team or new members just joined, very easy to do and always having a blast.

Bob Yu

Apr 22, 2021, 2:35:56 AM4/22/21
to agile...@googlegroups.com
I usually do Two Truths and a Lie when I join a new team or new members just joined, very easy to do and always having a blast.

Best regards,

Bob Yu
514-941-6686

Yves Hanoulle

Apr 22, 2021, 2:40:48 AM4/22/21
to agilegames
Op do 22 apr. 2021 om 08:35 schreef Bob Yu <mrb...@gmail.com>:
I usually do Two Truths and a Lie when I join a new team or new members just joined, very easy to do and always having a blast.

I personally hate that exercise.
Especially as a first contact
it means my first thinking about people is thinking about someone as a liar.

yes they are usually fun, yet it messes with my mind. I prefer to think positive about people

yves

Yves Hanoulle 0476 43 38 32
www.hanoulle.be

Community events that need your help:
  • MetaCoaching on your online conference >> help
  • CoachRetreat in your country (or online) >> mail me or Oana Juncu
  • www.agileconferenc.es all agile conferences worldwide, maintained by the community
books:

      laurenc...@free.fr

      Apr 22, 2021, 3:45:43 PM4/22/21
      to AgileGames
      Hello,

      Maybe you can use an alternative name / vision of this icebreaker (I love it) which is : 2 Truths and 1 Wish :-)
      You will see people as dreamer instead of liar !

      Laurence

      Apr 22, 2021, 4:21:20 PM4/22/21
      to AgileGames
      What Yves said - and for pretty much for the same reasons.

      Not averse to using it when the team know each other well.