Alert Emails failing to be sent.

Michael

Dec 2, 2012, 2:30:40 PM12/2/12
to agileb...@googlegroups.com
Hello Guys,

        How are all of you doing today? I have run into a problem that I can not figure out. I have an email server located on the same server that agilebill is located. I am creating fictitious accounts to check all functionality of agilebill. The alert emails are not being sent out the error follows:

SMTP mail() failed to send message "Testing New Setup" to "magnu...@yahoo.com" on server "localhost" ---- SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: sa...@hosthobo.net
mco...@hosthobo.net
nexus...@gmail.com

SMTP Account?
If you select 'Yes', you will need to enter your SMTP server & login details below.

Server (required only for SMTP - smtp.srv1.com;mail.srv2.com)
Username (required only for SMTP)
Password (required only for SMTP)

Message Retrieval Method
Host for Message Retrieval
Username
Password
Action after Message Retrieval

This is driving me nuts, I love this software however these little issues are starting to mount up. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,
Michael

Mike

Dec 15, 2012, 5:01:53 PM12/15/12
to agileb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
If your email server is located on the same server you don't need to specify any settings,
I think it uses phpmail if it's setup correct.
At least that's how mine works, I tried using google mail with SMTP settings but it doesn't have a port field for SSL connections :(
Maybe that's your problem?

Scott Luther

Dec 15, 2012, 5:03:35 PM12/15/12
to agileb...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to specify a port in the hostname field - like <hostname>:<port>.

Mike Gaagle

Dec 15, 2012, 5:14:16 PM12/15/12
to agileb...@googlegroups.com
hey, I did try that.. but didn't work.. I didn't try to figure out why as phpmail works on localhost :)

Michael A Cooper

Dec 15, 2012, 6:00:43 PM12/15/12
to agileb...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mike,

  Oh shoot you may be right I didn't think of that my mail server is on the same server I will try that and see how it works thanks for the tip.

I do appreciate it and that would be awesome if that's it.

Thanks again,

Michael A Cooper

Dec 15, 2012, 11:04:19 PM12/15/12
to agileb...@googlegroups.com
This is what is in my logfiles not sure what it is

2-16-2012 7:53 AM  SMTP mail() failed to send message...  CORE:email.inc.php
  12-16-2012 7:53 AM  SMTP mail() failed to send message...  CORE:email.inc.php
  12-16-2012 7:50 AM   SMTP mail() failed to send message...  CORE:email.inc.php

I took all the settings out of there pertaining to the mail server

So I am nit sure what the problem is now. I am stumped.

Thanks,

Mike Gaagle

Dec 19, 2012, 9:47:10 PM12/19/12
to agileb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,
Confirm your sendmail works on the same server as AB.
Then set AB so it doesn't use SMTP.
It works fine for me, with no probs.
Regards
Mike

Michael A Cooper

Dec 21, 2012, 7:50:57 PM12/21/12
to agileb...@googlegroups.com

I did its working now

Michael A Cooper

Dec 22, 2012, 5:41:51 AM12/22/12
to agileb...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have any ideas on webmin provisioning would be very nice for the user if this could happen automagiacally.....lol