October Presentation - Scaled Agile Framework

Andrea Ross

Oct 3, 2012, 6:16:37 PM10/3/12
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Seems like a long time since we last met.

Our next meeting will be on October 16th from 6-8pm at Scitent.

We have a very interesting presentation planned for you for this month.  Following are the abstract and bio.

Abstract:

Agile Cville’s next meeting will provide an introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). SAFe is a proven approach for implementing Agile practices at an enterprise scale. It improves productivity, employee engagement, time to market and quality. SAFe has been attributed to being the single most important factor to longevity of Agile transformations in large enterprises.

The meeting will include techniques to lead an enterprise agile transformation, including lean thinking and product development flow. The principles and practices of SAFe support agile teams, agile programs, agile program portfolio management and agile architecture.

Bio:

Adam is an IT transformation consultant with 20+ years in software project management, nearly half of that leading and coaching Agile teams.  He has led enterprise-wide Lean-Agile adoption initiatives at Fortune 100 financial, telecom as well as government clients.  Adam was instrumental in the early adoption of Kanban in large, multi-team programs as well as a leader of the first Scaled Agile Framework™ implementations.  His plan for introducing Kanban and SAFe methods in multi-team environments has resulted in a remarkable list of successes for both new and previously-struggling Lean|Agile customers.  Adam is founder of LEAN4ward.net, LLC and holds a Masters in IT from the University of Virginia’s McIntire School of Commerce.

Adam has some training coming up in the near future you may be interested in.

·         FREE Webinar on the Scaled Agile Framework, Oct 17 3pm - http://bmc-webinar-oct12.eventbrite.com

·         Leading SAFe Certification Course, Nov 8-9, Arlington, VA - http://bmc-safe-nov2012.eventbrite.com

·         Official Kanban Workshop, Dec 7, Arlington, VA - http://bmc-kanban-dec2012.eventbrite.com

Andrea Ross

Oct 3, 2012, 6:32:59 PM10/3/12
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Please forgive my oversight.  The speaker's name is Adam Beck