Lightning Talks Topcis For June

Liddy

May 15, 2012, 9:29:18 PM5/15/12
to AgileCville
Great Discussions tonight around Test Driven Development.

Thanks again Joel !!!!

Here is the link on Roy Osherove's TDD Kata: http://osherove.com/tdd-kata-1/
if you couldn't make it tonight. Well worth a read.

Now onto new business

To celebrate Simon's first meeting to Agile C'ville we be doing
Lightning Talks again. For some of you that may not remember, that
was Simon's first meeting (and he actually dressed up for it). So we
are looking for suggestions on topics and hopefully a few folks
willing to take 5 to 10 minutes to talk about an Agile topic of their
choice. I know there are lots of Product Owners and Scrum Masters out
there and we want to hear from you!!! What perils of wisdom could you
share with the user group. ?

Here are a few suggestions from tonights meetings to kick us off:

Demo of Spock Framework http://spock-framework.readthedocs.org (Thank
you Richard Brewster of Rabbit Software for signing up already)
How do handle production support within Scrum
Continuous Testing
Continuous Delivery
Fine Tuning Kanban
Agile Retrospectives
When should we plan various meetings using Scrum.
Pomodoro Technique for Time Management ( Joel would you be willing to
talk about this?? )

In the famous words of Simon "Cheers"

Richard Brewster

May 15, 2012, 10:11:54 PM5/15/12
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Good presentation on unit testing! Thanks, Joel. I'm going to
implement tdd-kata-1 in Spock!

For my Spock lightning talk, I'll be showing some of examples from Ken
Sipe's presentation I attended at No Fluff Just Stuff two weeks ago.
You can get a head start, if you want, by grabbing all of the source code.

https://github.com/kensipe/spock-demos-nfjs

Just follow the directions. Ken's scripts are awesome and will set up
your environment automatically.

Richard Brewster
http://rabbitsoftware.com

Joel Cochran

May 15, 2012, 10:12:45 PM5/15/12
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again to everyone who attended, I think we had a great conversation!

I'd be happy to come back some time and speak about Pomodoro.  When would this be?  the next couple of months are pretty tight, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it or not.

Joel

Andrea Ross

May 24, 2012, 7:52:49 AM5/24/12
to AgileCville
I can talk about 'Lean Coffee as a way to facilitate a meeting'. I'm
thinking the date will be June 19th which I can commit to.