November Meeting

Andrea Ross

Oct 21, 2012, 10:17:50 AM10/21/12
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Details for November Meeting:

What:     Peer to peer discussion - Reply to this post with your ideas for discussion points
When:    November 20th, 2012  6 to 8 PM
Where:  Scitent Inc, 400 Preston Ave, Charlottesville, Va 22903
Who:      You!
Why:       To share your experiance with Agile and learn from local practitioners.

Max Schubert

Oct 21, 2012, 11:03:27 AM10/21/12
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Long term project roadmaps and release milestones with dates - Scrum is helps keep developers, managers, QA people, etc all communicating regularly about what is important, helps us frame iterative development so that direction can change as requirements / the environment do, and encourages us to track capacity on a personal and team level so that we understand resource capacity; it doesn't directly address how to track roadmaps or releases for long term projects.  The team I am on has developed it's own simple process for the larger project-across-one-or-more-years system for this - I'd be very interested in sharing our current process and hearing about how others do this.

- Max

Paul Erb

Oct 21, 2012, 11:21:23 AM10/21/12
to agile...@googlegroups.com
That sounds great to me.  I am continuing to work on adapting Scrum practices to classrooms and other learn-by-doing practices, and the question of how to respect long-term goals/curriculum objectives keeps coming up.

Sent from:
Paul Erb