Re: Devops and the ITIL framework

140 lượt xem
Chuyển tới thư đầu tiên chưa đọc

alex honor

chưa đọc,
13:49:57 3 thg 4, 20123/4/12
đến dev...@googlegroups.com, agile-system-...@googlegroups.com
I'm actually very interested if anybody is trying to solve DevOps problems by changing process is having any issues with fitting in to ITIL (or ITSM more generally).

On Saturday, June 25, 2011 11:51:32 AM UTC-7, Guillaume FORTAINE wrote:
Hello,

Let me introduce myself : Guillaume FORTAINE, Cloudpreneur.

I have read with interest the topic entitled "Devops and the ITIL framework" :

http://groups.google.com/group/agile-system-administration/browse_thread/thread/ecb495d090cf6e62

On my side, I am currently working on a topic entitled "Managing a Planet-Scale
Information System" and I would greatly appreciate to have the point
of view of the DevOps community about these various questions, if
possible, please :

http://www.ebg.net/sessions/ebg-fr-Gerer_un_SI_a_l_international.htm

What strategies to put in place to reconcile divergent interests a
priori : centralization and autonomy? How to ensure both the control
and the accountability?

a) How and what to standardize? Processes, business intelligence applications?

b) The importance of acting on the processes (rationalization,
standardization, automation ...) and on the infrastructure
(unification of networks, server consolidation and BDD)

c) What are the advantages of standardization in terms of cost and time savings?

d) What are its barriers? (regulatory and cultural specificities) and
how to cope? Mixing of teams, development of a centralized governance
and reporting

e) How to ensure a match between the Information System and business objectives?

f) The use of outsourcing, or BPO : what type of contract for what benefit?

I look forward to your answer,

Best Regards,

Guillaume FORTAINE
gfor...@gfortaine.biz