Re: Récapitulatif destiné à agile-sophia@googlegroups.com - 5 messages dans 1 sujet

Alistair Cockburn

Jul 2, 2012, 5:52:10 AM7/2/12
to agile-...@googlegroups.com
Lovely! (I can't afford to write "Nice!" any more :).

question 1: who are the people coming? I have:
Piet.LeClercq
frederick.ros
julien.yo
frank.wagner
totherAlistair
J. Leroy
Y. Schneider
Fabien Massol

question 2: what are the questions / topics on your minds? would be good to have a starting list to get the discussion going.
My  topic is the education roadmap for the International Consortium for Agile

    OK .. no more seat available.

    Regards
    Fred

Piet Le Clercq

Jul 2, 2012, 8:32:15 AM7/2/12
to agile-...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Let me quickly introduce myself then.

Who am I ? :

Piet le Clercq

40 years old

In a steady relationship,  one 5 year old boy.

Grew up around the world (changing countries every 3 years), I define myself in a nutshell as such : “Dutch Hardware, French Software, World-Wide-American BIOS” or  [a strange case of schyzo something]

Studied a bit of economy before finding out that programming was much more fun … so switched to studying IT.

Started working in the area after that, and never left.

Went through 6 different companies over the last 13 years (2 web agencies, 3 service companies, and my current employer (C2C / B2C e-commerce platforms operated in CH/DK/NO/GR)) since the last 5 years.

2- 2½  years ago I switched from developing to team leading/managing (with periods with no official title, then a managerial title, then again just as one of the team (Much better when being SM))

A year ago we restructured, and then started the Agile experiment …

Had a brief training by Peter Stevens in June of last year .. and since then I’m trying to find my way around in the Agile world and experimenting with the team I work with.

What am I looking for ? :

To be honest I don’t have any particular topic that I’d like to raise (or is it rather that I have so many that I can’t really decide what to begin with  …) .. let’s say that for the moment I’m struggling with what I think are noob issues concerning my SCRUM team, and also realizing how the global company environment has a huge impact on how we can work/evolve (thank you Jurgen Appelo for Mgmt 3.0 J )

I’m still plagued with the issues of PO dedication, geographical distance in the team, team member focus on a task, fighting off KPI culture  ...

But also willing to listen to any discussion and topic, knowing that there is food for thought everywhere.

I hope that these questions are in the right domain … if ever this gathering is a more “meta Agile” discussion orientated group, maybe my lack of experience will set me as “out of place”, in which case let me know and I’ll step down to leave my seat someone who’d benefit more from this lunch J

Voilà,

Brgds

Piet

Philippe Antras

Jul 4, 2012, 3:32:13 PM7/4/12
to agile-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm part of the list, too.

One topic that interests me is the integration of the test team in the development team.

See you tomorrow,
Philippe

Loïc L'Heveder

Jul 4, 2012, 5:51:50 PM7/4/12
to agile-...@googlegroups.com, Alistair Cockburn
Hi all,

don't know if Fred was good at maths when a kid but Christian-Jaques
(CJ) and I will therefore share the last seat... :-D

My topic would be about measurements on an Agile team, when management
is not Agile = have both approaches co-existing, securing space for
Agility until management get "recycled"... oh my god, what did I wrote! :-)

see you tomorrow
Loic L'Heveder

Le 02/07/2012 11:52, Alistair Cockburn a �crit :

Christian-jacques Bonetto

Jul 5, 2012, 3:30:41 AM7/5/12
to agile-...@googlegroups.com, Alistair Cockburn
I'll sit on Yves's knees...

Bien Cordialement
[ ]
Christian-Jacques Bonetto, PMP
VP Cote d'Azur PMI France-Sud Chapter
Project Management Institute http://www.pmi-fr.org

De : Loïc L'Heveder <lheved...@hotmail.com>
À : agile-...@googlegroups.com
Cc : Alistair Cockburn <tothera...@gmail.com>
Envoyé le : Mercredi 4 juillet 2012 23h51
Objet : Re: Récapitulatif destiné à agile-...@googlegroups.com - 5 messages dans 1 sujet

Hi all,

don't know if Fred was good at maths when a kid but Christian-Jaques
(CJ) and I will therefore share the last seat... :-D

My topic would be about measurements on an Agile team, when management
is not Agile = have both approaches co-existing, securing space for
Agility until management get "recycled"... oh my god, what did I wrote! :-)

see you tomorrow
Loic L'Heveder

Frederick ROS

Jul 5, 2012, 5:40:17 AM7/5/12
to agile-...@googlegroups.com
Arrgghhh ... didn't notice your message before noew ;)

Actually the list of people I have is:

Alistair Cockburn
F. Ros
F. Wagner
Y. Schneider
L. L'heveder
P. Antras
J. Leroy
M. Schneider-Ghibaudo
F. Massol
CJ. Bonetto

I didn't noticed Piet but I guess that's not an issue, we'll find some seat ...

No specific topic on my side ...

Piet le Clercq

Jul 5, 2012, 8:30:58 AM7/5/12
to agile-...@googlegroups.com
Hi again :)

First of all .. thank you very much for this lunch, as it was very "comforting" to see that the problems I'm facing are not an isolated case, but take part of the common issues that all thos trying to be agile face .

I know it doesn't solve my problems, but knowing you're not alone is already knowledge that you can share your problems :)

Secondly, for those that didn't take a picture of Alistair's drawings, I've attached them to this mail.

A bientôt :)

Piet

2012-07-05 14.22.48.jpg
2012-07-05 14.23.31.jpg

Loïc L'heveder

Jul 6, 2012, 6:38:48 AM7/6/12
to Agile Sophia Group
Hello Piet,

thanks for this feedback.

I'm new to the group and mailing list, so maybe what I'll say has been already answered many times, please be comprehensive :-)

1. It seems that organizing an event with GoogleGroup is not easy. (quick retro: we should have things centralized and avoid bunch of emails, each one with a piece of the full picture)
- how to better do it in GoogleGroups?
- should we use MeetUp (http://www.meetup.com/Agile-Sophia/)

2. how to share minutes/feedback/comment after an event?
any nice way to share what each of us remember from an event, pictures, video, sound, article

3. What I remember from yesterday's lunch with Allistair
- Allistair is in France for 4 months to learn French for future lecture he will give.
- when looking for new people for a team, give priority to curiosity, open-mindedness and self-awareness rather than skills
- when management is not aligned with Agility of your team, you'll need to create your own adapters to speak their language (some translated it in 'lie', hmmm.... :-) )
- self-awareness: ability of one team member to embrace his position within the group/system, understand how each one's action interact and influence the group/system output
-- some exercises from Allistair: the rope (blindfolded people asked to make a circle then a square with a rope), the artists (part of people gives written specifications - no talk, no drawing - to the rest to make a copy of a drawing) with several iterations
- Allistair mentioned some Agile people from Paris: Mr Gerbier?
- CJ to organise an Agile Sophia event with Allistair in Amadeus premises for early August

voila, see you

Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 05:30:58 -0700
From: peh...@gmail.com
To: agile-...@googlegroups.com

Loïc L'heveder

Jul 6, 2012, 6:44:50 AM7/6/12
to Agile Sophia Group
ahah, another email, just to show that we need a different way to share :-(

One important thing:
About management shift to a more Agile mindset, Frederic reported that Amadeus is evolving as a company where employees should be driven by Autonomy, Mastery, and Purpose.
which link back to Dan Pink's book 'Drive' and fantastic animation from RSA Animate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc

bon! spam is over for today

From: lheved...@hotmail.com
To: agile-...@googlegroups.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 10:38:48 +0000

Loïc

Jul 6, 2012, 10:37:09 PM7/6/12
to agile-...@googlegroups.com
Oncall time. Don't like to forget things.
Alistair reference: Géry Derbier
http://alistair.cockburn.us/Crystal+talk+by+Gery+Derbier

Christian-jacques Bonetto

Jul 13, 2012, 3:28:17 AM7/13/12
to agile-...@googlegroups.com, Alistair Cockburn
Dear all,
I found a room, and got the greenlight (from security)

>>> Here <<< you can vote for a few dates in early august.

Bien Cordialement
[ ]

De : Loïc L'heveder <lheved...@hotmail.com>
À : Agile Sophia Group <agile-...@googlegroups.com>
Envoyé le : Vendredi 6 juillet 2012 12h38

loic.l...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2012, 4:07:17 PM7/22/12
to Alistair Cockburn, agile-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Alistair,

J'espere que les progres de ton francais sont a la hauteur de tes attentes... Parles-tu "chauffeur de bus" fluent maintenant?

Nous allons tente d'arreter une date pour le agile lunch a Amadeus, tes disponibilites seront cruciales, as-tu jeté un oeil au Doodle?

Je ne serai pas a Nice demain soir, mais ca peut etre un item du wrap-up (un début d'agenda ;-)).

Bonne soiree
Loic
P.s. Ignore the french spelling of this email, blackberry made it unreliable :-)
From: Christian-jacques Bonetto <cjbo...@yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 08:28:17 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Next agile-...@googlegroups.com lunch/discussion @ Amadeus