Is that it?

doug forbes

Feb 24, 2009, 9:04:18 AM2/24/09
to Agile Procurement
Has the discussion dried up or did the snow wipe all memories?

James Darling

Feb 24, 2009, 10:01:02 AM2/24/09
to Agile Procurement
On Feb 24, 2:04 pm, doug forbes <doug.for...@baronyconsulting.com>
wrote:
> Has the discussion dried up or did the snow wipe all memories?

no no no no no. Still alive. Just hibernating through a very busy
time. I spoke to Dom about it this morning at the Digital Britain
thing. Stuff will happen.

Harry Harrold

Feb 24, 2009, 10:28:56 AM2/24/09
to agile-pr...@googlegroups.com

It's made it as far as http://digitalengagement.uservoice.com/ - as a
combination of "Promote the procurement of small, creative suppliers"
and my own suggestion "experiment wildly - small bets, learn lots, kill
failure."

Had I had half a brain, I'd have got the "agile procurement" meme out
there, but there it is... Coulda, woulda, shoulda, didn't.

I've had "Write the agile procurement manifesto v0.1a" on my trac ever
since the barcamp, and once this week is over I may have time to just do
it.

Best regards,

Harry

--
Harry Harrold

Project director, NeonTribe

Internet user experience designers and programmers

www.neontribe.co.uk
01603 727747
112-114 Magdalen Street, Norwich, NR3 1JD

StephGray

Mar 2, 2009, 5:49:27 PM3/2/09
to Agile Procurement
I thought you'd like that one! Seeded it to see what happened, and
it's been a clear winner. If anything, it's a bigger issue in the
online PR world than it is within digital design & build, I think*

Talking to COI recently (who commission a fair bit of this stuff and
do, to their credit, work with smallish suppliers) I think there's a
desire there to find a mechanism for working with more small, creative
firms if one readily exists under the immovable weight of EU
procurement law.

Steph

* I'm thinking about the kind of online builds for communications
campaigns commissioned by COI, rather than megalithic IT projects like
ID cards and the like...