[ANN] December Webinars – Improve Code Quality with Unit Testing

Avi

Dec 1, 2011, 10:12:27 AM12/1/11
to Agile Developer Skills
Typemock is hosting a special series of webinars to help you begin the
new year with improved software quality. There are webinars
appropriate for every level.

Reducing Bugs Faster: Introduction to Unit Testing

Unit testing is considered one of the basic principles for code
quality, and indeed agile development. From the outside it may look
like it’s hard to begin, or can take a long time to implement and
doesn’t provide significant benefit. Join this webinar to learn what
you need to know in order to start testing today.
This webinar is best targeted at beginners and people with basic
experience in unit testing.
Sign up: http://bit.ly/intro-to-unit-testing
When: Wednesday, December 7 at 10:00 AM ET, 15:00 GMT (UK), 20:30
India (IST)

Real Life Unit Testing – Tools and Practices
You may have already started unit testing or at least understand the
basics. But there’s one large obstacle that stands in your way:
dependencies. Most code was not written to be easy to test. How can
you test dependencies? Join this webinar and learn different methods
and tools that help create real unit tests.
This webinar is targeted at a beginning to intermediate level. If
you’ve started unit testing, but want to move to the next level, this
is for you.
Sign up: http://bit.ly/real-life-unit-testing
When: Wednesday, December 14 at 10:00 AM ET, 15:00 GMT (UK), 20:30
India (IST)

Unit Testing Legacy Code – Real World Examples

Everybody has legacy code. People write more and more legacy code
every day. But what problems does it cause and how can we deal with
it?

How do you apply unit testing to existing code? Code that wasn’t meant
to testing.

This is a hardcore session, where we take an open source application
and add tests to it. In the process, we’ll refactor the code, discuss
readability, and where to even begin.

Everyone is welcome but it is most appropriate for people with a
background in unit testing and medium to advanced skills. If you’re a
unit testing ninja, this webinar is for you!
Sign up: http://bit.ly/real-world-legacy-code
When: Wednesday, December 21 at 10:00 AM ET, 15:00 GMT (UK), 20:30
India (IST)