Agile skills inventory presentation

Karl Metivier

Jan 17, 2011, 10:54:02 PM1/17/11
to Agile Developer Skills
I did a little presentation about the Agile skills inventory. It is on
slideshare:

http://www.slideshare.net/kmetivier/agile-skills-inventory

What do you think about it ?

D.André Dhondt

Jan 18, 2011, 5:57:50 AM1/18/11
to agile-devel...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Karl Metivier <karl.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://www.slideshare.net/kmetivier/agile-skills-inventory

What do you think about it ?

It's visually captivating.  Who's your audience?

--
D. André Dhondt
mobile: 215-805-0819

Support low-cost conferences -- http://AgileTour.org/

Charlie Poole

Jan 18, 2011, 6:04:25 AM1/18/11
to agile-devel...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 2:57 AM, D.André Dhondt
<d.andre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Karl Metivier <karl.m...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> http://www.slideshare.net/kmetivier/agile-skills-inventory
>>
>> What do you think about it ?
>>

> It's visually captivating.  Who's your audience?

It definitely is. I'd say a presentation like that could be used with
any audience. One
would say different things, of course.

One negative: the image for Technical Excellence is a bit boring. I have no
better ideas however.

Charlie

> D. André Dhondt
> mobile: 215-805-0819
> skype: d.andre.dhondt
> twitter: adhondt   http://dhondtsayitsagile.blogspot.com/
>
> Support low-cost conferences -- http://AgileTour.org/
> If you're in the area, join Agile Philly http://www.AgilePhilly.com

Oleg

Jan 18, 2011, 4:49:36 PM1/18/11
to Agile Developer Skills
Hi, Karl.
1. From comprehension and general feeling point of view:
I like the idea. It gives me feeling, how complex skills we need.

Personally I'm overwhelmed by text slides. I have to develop effort to
find, what is actually important.
Basic idea is actually good! What I would do is developing each text
based slide. Not showing everything on the first one, but showing one
branch at a time.

It would be helpful to have style consistency between pictures slide
and text based slides. One idea is to base it on color. I like e.g.
Self improvement - you have a picture with a lot of white and your
next slide has light background.

2. The other side was already brought up by Andre: who is the target
audience and what message do you want to deliver to them.

Oleg

Christian Horsdal

Jan 18, 2011, 4:40:04 PM1/18/11
to Agile Developer Skills
Looks really, really good. Short and sweet, very concise and
beautifully.

Karl Metivier

Jan 18, 2011, 9:27:41 PM1/18/11
to Agile Developer Skills
Thank you all for your comments. It is very appreciated.

About the target audience, I wasn't thinking about one in particular.
I wanted to show that Agile is not only Scrum and XP. There is also a
bunch of skills to learn and the project has made a fine collection or
pillars to categorize them. The goal is to show what are these
pillars, what they represent and get a glimpse of the skills attached
to them.

Oleg

Jan 19, 2011, 5:13:41 PM1/19/11
to Agile Developer Skills
On Jan 19, 3:27 am, Karl Metivier <karl.metiv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to show that Agile is not only Scrum and XP.
So there is some audience. People, who:
- know Scrum and XP
- don't know, what is under the hood or don't know what is needed for
successful execution

Oleg