July 12th DevSIG - The Great Divide - Managers & Developers

Janelle Klein

Jun 30, 2012, 1:10:20 PM6/30/12
to agile-aust...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

The July topic should fuel a pretty lively discussion. :)

I recently heard a manager make a statement like, "developers just don't care about software process."  I was shocked, and wondered, "how could someone think that??"  And as a developer, I hear complaints that "managers just don't get it" and I've certainly had my fill of frustrations.   So this discussion will be an attempt to lay the cards on the table, to hear both sides of the story, and see if we can walk away with a new perspective.  Should be fun, and hopefully insightful. :)

Even though this is a "Dev SIG", we need managers represented too, so if you're a manager, please feel free to join us.

Janelle

Dev SIG - The Great Divide - Managers & Developers

Ever been frustrated by misunderstandings with management, or the pressure to do things that make no sense? Or maybe as a manager, you've concluded that your developers just don't care?

In this discussion, we'll be exploring the divide between management and developers. What are our assumptions and biases about each other? What are the biggest causes of conflict? How can we learn to communicate and work together more effectively?

Managers and Developers are both invited to this discussion.

Date/Time: 7/12/12 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm

Venue: Bazaarvoice, 3900 N. Capital of TX Hwy., Austin, TX 78746

To Register (and for more info): http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3841804942.