January 31st Agile Austin Architect SIG meeting: Communicating architecture in an agile environment

David Sheth

Jan 26, 2012, 11:54:09 PM1/26/12
to Agile Austin Architect SIG
RSVP for this event at http://agileaustinjanuary.eventbrite.com

The topic of our January 31st noon meeting will be "Communicating
architecture in an agile environment"

One of the agile tenants is "Working software over comprehensive
documentation." If this tenant is followed in the development
process, agile architects should not deliver comprehensive
documentation to the dev team, but should do something else. That
something else can include working software, illustration of concepts
via Legos, quick whiteboard diagrams, or any number of other things.
Please come listen to and participate in a discussion of how to best
communicate architecture in an agile environment. Bring your stories
of what worked and what didn't, so that we can all learn.

Lunch will be provided courtesy of Agile Austin.

Informal Directions and Parking Info

Hyperformix is on the south side of Lake Austin at the 360 Pennybacker
bridge.

Coming down 360 from the north, turn right into the first driveway
(immediately) after the bridge.
Coming up 360 from the south, exit right before the bridge, take the
turnaround under the bridge and then turn right into first driveway.
You can park in the open lots or any of the garages that aren’t
indicated as reserved.

Seating is limited!

Please make sure you are able to attend this session. Seating is
limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. We want to give
everyone the opportunity to attend, so please only sign-up if you are
committed to attending. (These sessions are valuable to both newbies
and experienced alike).