Support for a PhD project

Multi Agent Programming Contest

Aug 22, 2022, 3:57:49 AM8/22/22
to Multi Agent Programming Contest
Dear participants,

We would like to let you know, that a PhD student, Juliana Michelon Alvarenga (University of Bath), contacted us. She is doing a (funded) PhD project in the humanities on Distributed Cognition in Human-Machine Systems (https://tas-security.lancs.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/Juliana-Michelon.pdf).

She believes that the MAPC is a suitable example and worth to be studied within her project.
We had several meetings with her and decided to support her. The support we offer is to
let her conduct interviews with us, asking us about how the MAPC works and how distributed knowledge is generated.

We think this project is very interesting: if you would like to support it (providing a contest participant’s viewpoint on the topic), please let us know.
Juliana will contact you and conduct some interviews (online).

Only if you answer positively to this email (to any of the organisers), we give Juliana your email address and she will contact you.

Whether you do it or not of course does not affect your participation in the contest (or the final result!!!).

We are impressed so far about how professional and academically correct this study is conducted.

While we do not want to influence you in any way, we would be delighted if Juliana gets enough support to do a successful project. And we might also learn somehing about us and reflect about the whole process.

Best regards,
Your MAPC organisers

Multi Agent Programming Contest

Aug 22, 2022, 3:11:01 PM8/22/22
to Multi Agent Programming Contest
Correction: University of Lancaster! Not Bath. We are terribly sorry.

J. A.

Aug 23, 2022, 3:08:14 PM8/23/22
to Multi Agent Programming Contest, j.michelo...@lancaster.ac.uk

Hi all,

I just wanted to say a quick hello and thank the organizing team for telling participants about my project. This is for a PhD in Sociology and my research is linked to the Trustworthy Autonomous Systems (TAS) - Security node. I essentially tap into questions of human-machine cognitive interaction in the programming of distributed autonomous systems. Hence my interest in multi-agent systems and especially the MAPC. I will be working on this project until December 2024.

If anyone is at least half curious, please let us know? I will answer any questions that you may have. I can also do a presentation on the project if anyone is interested in learning more before making a decision. The link shared previously is the research poster.

Thanks and good luck on the contest this year!

Best regards,

Juliana