AgenDAV 1.2.4: how to access group calendars?

Jens Bürger

Jan 16, 2012, 5:32:15 AM1/16/12
to agendav...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just did an upgrade an wonder how I'm gonna access the calendars
(principal collections) of my Davical-Group.

The group "workgroup" has some calendars (conference, meeting, ...).

Until AgenDAV 1.2.3, I set

$config['caldav_url'] = 'http://myserver.com/davical/caldav.php/workgroup/';

I think, this settings make most sense in 1.2.4's caldav.php:
$config['caldav_principal_url'] =
'http://myserver.com/davical/caldav.php/workgroup/';

$config['caldav_calendar_url'] =
'http://myserver.com/davical/caldav.php/%s/';

but this only brings me up my personal calendar. If I set both of them
to 'http://myserver.com/davical/caldav.php/workgroup/'
I see all shared calendars but AgenDAV fails to read the events and I
get one error message per shared calendar, which reads:
"Interface error
Error loading events from calendar
workgroup:nameOfTheCalendar"

What can I do?

Jorge López Pérez

Jan 16, 2012, 7:21:04 AM1/16/12
to agendav...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jens,

El 16/01/12 11:32, Jens Bürger escribió:

> I see all shared calendars but AgenDAV fails to read the events and I
> get one error message per shared calendar, which reads:
> "Interface error
> Error loading events from calendar
> workgroup:nameOfTheCalendar"
>
> What can I do?

You're right, this change will not let you access your workgroup
calendars because it will always try to use your username as the first
part of the URL. I didn't know there was someone using AgenDAV like this
because of its (current) lack of group support.

I guess I'll have to rethink this part, as well as introduce CalDAV
group support. Until this, please, apply the attached patch and set your
caldav_calendar_url to:
'http://myserver.com/davical/caldav.php/workgroup%s' (note the lack of
slashes).

Regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org

jens_group_patch.diff

Jens Bürger

Jan 26, 2012, 5:08:39 AM1/26/12
Am 16.01.2012 13:21, schrieb Jorge López Pérez:
> I guess I'll have to rethink this part, as well as introduce CalDAV
> group support. Until this, please, apply the attached patch and set your
> caldav_calendar_url to:
> 'http://myserver.com/davical/caldav.php/workgroup%s' (note the lack of
> slashes).

Viewing calendars works, but when I try to add appointment, I get an
"parsererror". Reading the TCP/IP-Traffic, there seems to be an error,
it seems like AgenDAV does the HTTP PUT-request with the VCALENDAR-entry on

/davival/caldav.php/groupname/calendarname123786-4ACD-... .ics

so there is no slash between calendarname und the .ics-file with the
long hex-name.

Is this right?

Jens

Jorge López Pérez

Jan 29, 2012, 2:48:57 PM1/29/12
to agendav...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jens,

Clearly it isn't. I told you to set a caldav_calendar_url that lacks
a trailing slash, which is actually needed. My apologies.

Your caldav_calendar_url should look like this:

--8<--
http://myserver.com/davical/caldav.php/workgroup%s/
-->8--

Regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org

xmpp:jo...@im.jepsi.org

Jens Bürger

Jan 30, 2012, 3:43:06 AM1/30/12
to agendav...@googlegroups.com
Am 29.01.2012 20:48, schrieb Jorge L�pez P�rez:
[...]

>> Is this right?
>
> Clearly it isn't. I told you to set a caldav_calendar_url that lacks
> a trailing slash, which is actually needed. My apologies.
>
> Your caldav_calendar_url should look like this:
>
> --8<--
> http://myserver.com/davical/caldav.php/workgroup%s/
> -->8--

Here we go, now it works :)

chris

Feb 29, 2012, 4:43:48 AM2/29/12
to AgenDAV general
Thanks for the tutorial how to access workgroup calendars.

Is there any way to access/display multiple workgroup calendars after
logging in?

Thanks,

Chris

Benjamin Brauer

Feb 5, 2013, 6:08:04 AM2/5/13
to agendav...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

are there any news about group calendar support? It would be nice if AgenDav would list all group-calendars by default when you are part of that group.

best
benni
Message has been deleted