cacheing the caldav information

Bart Van Loon

Jan 19, 2017, 1:09:28 PM1/19/17
to AgenDAV development
Hi all,

I've been a happy user of Agendav for a few months now.
It's the only calendar 'application' I use on my local computer.
I'm hosting Agendav locally and have a remote sabre/dav
running as the backend.

Since two weeks however, I have been abroad with a slower
Internet connection than I'm used to from my home office.
Agendav is now very sluggish and sometimes barely useful.
However, the calendar app on my smartphone (using the same
sabre/dav backend) still feels smooth and snappy.

This mist be because my phone keeps a local cache of my
calendar data.

I know cacheing has some drawbacks too, but wouldn't it
make sense to have Agendav cache the remote calendar
information locally too? Then it becomes useable even on
a temporarily offline computer or behind a slow Internet
connection.

Are there any plans towards this in the roadmap?

Could I help in any way getting this developed?

Love to hear your thoughts in this.

Thanks!

Jorge López Pérez

Mar 14, 2017, 4:02:55 PM3/14/17
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bart,

sorry for not replying before!

I absolutely agree with you. AgenDAV needs some caching layers, to be exact two of them:

1. AgenDAV <-> CalDAV server cache
2. Browser local cache

I hope they will arrive sooner or later!

Best regards.

Jorge López Pérez