example how to display shared calendars from calendarserver

Kiwi

Jul 18, 2012, 4:46:13 AM7/18/12
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we are using this great, slim agendav web-application to access our

company calendarserver (twisted caldavd). Alas agendav does not display
shared calendars in shared-calendar-list. I have extended Caldav.php a
bit, such that it finds shared calendars according to calendar-proxy-
read-for and calendar-proxy-write-for properties.

Attached you find a patch against 1.2.5.1 of Caldav.php and also

the complete file.

It is a site-specific implementation, maybe you can use it as

example to implement a more general way to access shared calendars
from calendarserver. Maybe even with editing calendar-proxys.

In my implementation I use principal's alternate-URI-set property and
replace "principals" with "calendars", because calendar-home-set

property of user-principal produces a path like /calendars/__uids__/<guid>
and for some reason /calendars/__uids__... does not work at our site.

Kind Regards,

Kiwi

Caldav.php
Caldav.php.diff

Kiwi

Jul 18, 2012, 5:25:04 AM7/18/12
to agend...@googlegroups.com
there was a bug in scripts of my previous post. Here the corrected versions.

Sorry for this, Kiwi
Caldav.php
Caldav.php.diff

Adrien Malgoyre

Jul 18, 2012, 5:25:39 AM7/18/12
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I made a first test of your commit.

It seems to work when I replace ( $href == $url ) by ( $href == 'http://mydavicalserver.mysociety.com ). Else, $url is not understood:

Undefined variable: url /var/www/agendav-dev/libs/own_extensions/mycaldav.php 320

Other things:

On the first test, it seems that it work only when the user have right on the tree. It doesn't work if you put full right directly on a calendar.

Exemple:

What about Read and Read/Write control on the shared calendars?
Exemple: Someone who have Read only access to a shared group calendar shouldn't  be able to give access to an other user.

Thanks very very mutch for you work!

Adrien

Kiwi

Jul 18, 2012, 6:00:30 AM7/18/12
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrien,

Here a fix of that $url issue and another fix in HrefValuesInside method.

I am not so deep in that calendar-stuff, I just wanted to get the web-client to show shared folders.

Also we usually have lightning here as calendar-client, which is not able at all to set access rights
or list accessible calendars. We have only two people here using iCal having full-featured calendar
access.

We are controlling access rights per-user right now using the calendarserver_manage_principals
commandline tool.

It would be great, if access rights could be edited by agendav!

Regards, Kiwi
Caldav.php

Valentijn Sessink

Oct 18, 2012, 10:52:17 AM10/18/12
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kiwi,

Brilliant! This works (almost) flawlessly with our OSX Server calendar. Just a small error keeps popping up:
ERROR - 2012-10-18 14:31:39 --> Severity: Notice  --> Undefined index: write_access /var/www/agendav/web/application/libraries/Caldav.php 303

Apart from that: a great addition, and finally a way to fully use ical through a web frontend.

Thanks for this addition! (And many thanks to  Adobo for creating Agendav!)

Best regards,

Valentijn

Valentijn Sessink

Jan 17, 2013, 8:36:05 AM1/17/13
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kiwi,

Would you know how to sort the agenda's, before displaying them?

Best regards,

Valentijn