Event parse fails when reading TZID

Chris Stehno

Dec 7, 2012, 1:39:26 PM12/7/12
to agend...@googlegroups.com
It looks like Outlook sends calendar events in "Olson" format rather than the time zone names that PHP is looking for. So when we try to do a parse on an ICS file that was generated from Microsoft Outlook. We get an exception:

Call to a member function getName() on a non-object in /web/application/libraries/Icshelper.php on line 244

Message has been deleted

Chris Stehno

Dec 7, 2012, 1:50:21 PM12/7/12
to agend...@googlegroups.com
I was able to resolve this by altering the web\application\libraries\Timezonemanager.php to include a lookup between the Olson timezone names and the PHP timezone names. Thanks to the folks at bedework.org for the translation information. The new Timezonemanager.php is attached.
Timezonemanager.php

Jorge López Pérez

Dec 9, 2012, 7:40:29 AM12/9/12
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

El 07/12/12 19:39, Chris Stehno escribió:
Unfortunately this is a known bug (can be found at
https://github.com/adobo/agendav/issues/69 ).

I'm willing to switch from iCalcreator to sabre-vobject to avoid this
kind of problems.

Regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org

Jorge López Pérez

Dec 9, 2012, 7:43:37 AM12/9/12
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

I replied to your previous message before reading this one.

El 07/12/12 19:43, Chris Stehno escribió:
> I was able to resolve this by altering the
> web\application\libraries\Timezonemanager.php to include a lookup
> between the Olson timezone names and the PHP timezone names. Thanks to
> https://www.bedework.org/svn/calendarapi/trunk/calCore/resources/properties/timezonesAliases.properties
> for the translation information. The new Timezonemanager.php is attached.

Great! Would you mind to send this as a Pull Request on GitHub?

Instead, if you prefer me to apply this change directly just tell me.

Thank you!

Jorge López Pérez

Dec 9, 2012, 2:05:23 PM12/9/12
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Crhistopher,

El 09/12/12 18:54, Christopher Stehno escribió:

> Sorry I'm completely new to github; I think I created the pull request
> correctly.

You did it perfectly right, and I have merged it into the develop branch.

Thank you again!

Regards.