How to get AgenDAV running against Baikal??

Conrad Hagemans

Dec 3, 2012, 6:37:43 PM12/3/12
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Running Ubuntu server.

Installed yesterday latest version of Baikal caldav server and AgenDAV.

Keep on getting the error message "No Calendars available"

Anyone did this before?

Conrad

Jorge López Pérez

Dec 4, 2012, 2:06:29 AM12/4/12
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Conrad,

El 04/12/12 00:37, Conrad Hagemans escribió:

> Keep on getting the error message "No Calendars available"

I know about some other users that use AgenDAV against Baikal.

Seems that you have specified a wrong calendar URL. Can you show us your
caldav.php settings?

Regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org

Jorge López Pérez

Dec 5, 2012, 1:55:11 AM12/5/12
to Conrad Hagemans, agendav...@googlegroups.com, agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Conrad,

I hope you don't mind if I cross-post this message to agendav-general, I
think it can be helpful for other Baikal users.

El 04/12/12 21:55, Conrad Hagemans escribió:
> Hi Jorge,
>
> Thank you for looking into my problem.
>
> I have attached my config file.
>
> I can login but than get the error "No Calendar"

After looking at Baikal documentation, seems that you have specified a
wrong calendar URL:

> $config['caldav_calendar_url'] =
'http://cal.ourcalendars.us/cal.php/%s/';

It should read:

$config['caldav_calendar_url'] =
'http://cal.ourcalendars.us/cal.php/calendars/%s/';

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Conrad Hagemans

Dec 5, 2012, 2:52:06 AM12/5/12
to agendav...@googlegroups.com, Conrad Hagemans, agend...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jorge,

This solves the problem.
Runs fine now in combination with Baikal.

Thanks for the good work and nice program.

Conrad

Jorge López Pérez

Dec 6, 2012, 5:52:59 AM12/6/12
to agend...@googlegroups.com, agendav...@googlegroups.com
Hi Conrad,

El 05/12/12 08:52, Conrad Hagemans escribió:
> Thanks Jorge,
>
> This solves the problem.
> Runs fine now in combination with Baikal.

Great to read that!

Regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org

Conrad Hagemans

Dec 6, 2012, 6:07:13 AM12/6/12
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Baikal is running fine. But very limited in functionality.

I decided to switch to DaviCal. Much richer functionality. At least calendar sharing is supported.

But problem is you can not invite other people for meetings. Only internal users are supported.

Does any one knows a better alternative? Linux / SQL based server. With good calendar sharing and invite support?

Many thanks,
Conrad

Chris Stehno

Dec 7, 2012, 11:37:15 AM12/7/12
to agend...@googlegroups.com
I've been having some decent success getting AgenDav to work with Baikal.

Baikal works quite well with Thunderbird/Lightning. I got around the calendar sharing issue by creating multiple calendars under a single principal. That also solves the Thunderbird issue of only being able to store one set of credentials per server.

The so far the main trouble I've been having with AgenDav is recognizing time zones. I'll post a different topic on that, though.