No Calendarname displayed

ziegl...@googlemail.com

Jan 13, 2013, 4:11:22 PM1/13/13
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi at all,

after sucessfully configuring AgenDAVfor sync with Bedework Calendar server,
almost everything works fine.

Only unssolved Problem is, that AgenDAV will not display the Calendar Names of Synced Calendars.

Eventadding, deleting and modifying works just fine.

By trying to edit the Display name I get an error field (see the screenshot).

I'm thankful for any advice.

Best Wishes
Oli

PS:
Bedework 3.8
Agendav 1.2.6.2
Nothing special inside the Log file
agendav_screenshot.PNG

Jorge López Pérez

Jan 15, 2013, 1:55:03 AM1/15/13
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oli,

El 13/01/13 22:11, ziegl...@googlemail.com escribió:

> after sucessfully configuring AgenDAVfor sync with Bedework Calendar server,
> almost everything works fine.
>
> Only unssolved Problem is, that AgenDAV will not display the Calendar
> Names of Synced Calendars.

I'm afraid I don't have any Bedework instance configured to try this :-(

Could you send me a traffic dump of the commucation between AgenDAV and
Bedework? You'll need to set up Bedework to use plain http.

Feel free to emove any sensitive information (hostnames, credentials, etc).

Regards!

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org

ziegl...@googlemail.com

Jan 15, 2013, 4:51:31 AM1/15/13
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thanks for your answer.

Here you can find the dump file. Hope it's what you supposed to get.

Regards.

Oli

ziegl...@googlemail.com

Jan 21, 2013, 2:28:53 PM1/21/13
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jorge,

I just got Time to look through the Dump file linked in my last post.
I found the calendarnames in there, so they got transmitted between Bedework and AgenDAV.
So I think there might be a problem with AgenDAV by using this names correctly...

Hope you've got time to look over it.

Thanks a lot

Regards!

Oli

Jorge López Pérez

Jan 23, 2013, 4:04:15 AM1/23/13
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oli,

El 21/01/13 20:28, ziegl...@googlemail.com escribió:

> I just got Time to look through the Dump file linked in my last post.
> I found the calendarnames in there, so they got transmitted between
> Bedework and AgenDAV.
> So I think there might be a problem with AgenDAV by using this names
> correctly...

You're right! Displaynames are there, so it must be an XML parsing
issue. I'm a little tight on time these days, but let me study it to
find a fix.

Regards.

Jorge López Pérez

Jan 29, 2013, 2:47:58 AM1/29/13
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oli,

sorry for the long wait, I've been really busy and I couldn't manage to
find time to study this issue.

El 21/01/13 20:28, ziegl...@googlemail.com escribió:

> So I think there might be a problem with AgenDAV by using this names
> correctly...

As you already said information was there, so it was AgenDAV fault not
being able to read it. After some debugging, seems that Bedework sends
the DAV::status values using lowercase characters ('HTTP/1.1 200 ok'),
but AgenDAV tried to find the same but uppercased, so some properties
were just ignored.

I have commited a fix for this issue to the "develop" branch. There is
also a patch attached to this message for the master branch (i.e.
AgenDAV 1.2.6.2). so it would be great if you could apply it and tell me
if the issue is finally solved.
agendav.http200ok.diff

ziegl...@googlemail.com

Jan 29, 2013, 4:52:25 AM1/29/13
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

thanks for the answer.
Got things to do either, so there wasn't much time for me too ;)

Could you give me some advice on how to use your patch from the last message?
I'm not quite sure how to do it.

Would be awesome.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Oli

Jorge López Pérez

Jan 29, 2013, 5:52:18 AM1/29/13
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oli,

El 29/01/13 10:52, ziegl...@googlemail.com escribió:

> thanks for the answer.
> Got things to do either, so there wasn't much time for me too ;)

Being busy is usually good news :-)

> Could you give me some advice on how to use your patch from the last
> message?
> I'm not quite sure how to do it.

Sure, it's really easy. Just "cd" into your AgenDAV root directory, and
apply the patch as follows:

patch -p1 < /path/to/agendav.http200ok.diff

You should see an output like this one:

patching file libs/caldav-client/caldav-client.php

Regards.

ziegl...@googlemail.com

Jan 29, 2013, 10:07:27 AM1/29/13
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jorge,

I just got Time to check your patch.
Calendarnames now get displayed. Thanks a lot!!

One thing unfortunately still doesn't work correctly.
If I try modifying a calendar (name or color in the modify popup) an press the save Button I always get the "Invalid value; modification failed" message in the upper right corner of the screen (as was in my first attached screenshot).
By refreshing the page or signing in again, all the modifications (name / color) are made so there likely is no real error (I think) but the message pops up... :(

Would be nice if you could manage to look for this issue.
But take your time. I'm busy too so there's no need to hurry!

And with calendarnames displayed I can test all the other things quite well ;)

Thanks.

Regards
Oli

ziegl...@googlemail.com

Feb 5, 2013, 6:58:41 AM2/5/13
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

like I said there's still an error when trying to modify the Calendarname or -color.

I digged into the code and found the part where the error comes from (I think!).

In caldav-client.php in line 368:

 $response = curl_exec($this->ch);

Response will hold a string with HTTP headers.
First one saved in there is 401 Unathorized which should be normal I think, cause connection to server is only able with login data. (And later in line 385 it's "ignored" anyway)
The second one is 207 Multi-Status, which I don't know where it comes from.

But this 207 HTTP Code will lead to throwing the error by getting in the if-Clause on line 1117 and returning $this->xmlnodes[$node]['value']; on line 1134,
and not returning true on line 1143.

When I refresh the page all modifications are made. So there's no real problem in function. But the error message and the handy refreshing is a bit of a mess.

I hope somebody can find out why this happens. I'm not getting any usable information out of this HTTP Response:

(string:1286) HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

Pragma: No-cache

Cache-Control: no-cache

Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 01:00:00 CET

WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="bedeworkdemo"

Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 11:38:46 GMT

HTTP/1.1 207 Multi-Status

Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

Pragma: No-cache

Cache-Control: no-cache

Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 01:00:00 CET

Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=75B9898426B38990B23EFB0312BFC301; Path=/ucaldav

Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 11:38:46 GMT

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<DAV:multistatus xmlns:AI="http://apple.com/ns/ical/"

              xmlns:CS="http://calendarserver.org/ns/"

              xmlns:DAV="DAV:"

              xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav"

              xmlns:ical="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/ical#">

  <DAV:response>

    <DAV:href>/ucaldav/user/vbede/06B502FC-BDFE-4125-8C08-213321BFD6A1/</DAV:href>

    <DAV:propstat>

      <DAV:prop>

        <DAV:displayname/>

      </DAV:prop>

      <DAV:prop>

        <AI:calendar-color/>

      </DAV:prop>

      <DAV:status>HTTP/1.1 200 ok</DAV:status>

    </DAV:propstat>

  </DAV:response>

</DAV:multistatus>

Thanks for any help!!