AgenDav & openid

Julien Moquet

Jun 14, 2015, 4:48:58 PM6/14/15
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My project uses AgenDav client with DaviCal, and we're about to add an openid support for DaviCal.
I may add a new openid mode with something like that :
  $app['caldav.authmethod'] = 'openid';

I have just made a fork in order to implement it.
You might have recommendations about ?

Have a nice week-end,
Julien.

Jorge López Pérez

Jun 17, 2015, 12:36:40 PM6/17/15
to agend...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julien,

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015, at 22:48, Julien Moquet wrote:

> I may add a new openid mode with something like that :
> $app['caldav.authmethod'] = 'openid';
>
> I have just made a fork in order to implement it.
> You might have recommendations about ?

Sure!

In my opinion it should be a generic 'authmodule' instead of just a
'caldav.authmethod'. I mean, the whole application will be affected by
the authentication method and will pass it to the CalDAV server. So any
authentication module should define:

* How users log in to AgenDAV. Examples: show a form (current
behaviour), use CAS/SAML 2.0 to authenticate the user, etc
* How AgenDAV passes credentials to the CalDAV server. Examples: using
basic authentication with provided credentials, passing a custom HTTP
header with a token obtained from a CAS server, etc.

I think it would be a really interesting feature. Do you have any code I
can see?

By the way, did you modify your CalDAV backend to accept OpenID
authentication?

Regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez