Think & Fast Long Day 8: Let it happen naturally

1 view

Walt Goodridge

Oct 7, 2020, 5:11:10 PM10/7/20
to agele...@googlegroups.com

"Don't push it, don't force it
Let it happen naturally
It will surely happen
if it was meant to be!"
--Leon Haywood (1980)

DAY 8:
I'm now on DAY 8 of my extended water fast which puts me officially in the beginning of STAGE 3 according to the amazingly reliable Stages of Fasting. (i.e. "the colon is being repaired; impacted feces on the intestinal walls start to loosen and are autolyzed...") So if you see me out and about here on Saipan, I'll look REALLY slim--more so than normal My official start/end time is 1:30pm, at which time, Day 9 will begin. Now that I'm on day 8, I may as well go to day 10, don't you think?...and make it a round number. Besides, I can still feel the occasional gurgling and movement inside the stomach, so there's still healing work taking place. Haven't done an enema in the past two days. Instead,I'm going to let the body do its healing and perform its release naturally, no pushing, no forcing, at least for a while. That's the whole point, isn't it? To let the body return to normal.

I've been compiling the self-talk and observations that get me through these fasts in a blog category called "Think & Fast Long." (Who knows? Perhaps I'll create an audio series, audio-book or app with me talking you through your own fast!) Meanwhile, you can check it out my thoughts since about day 3 here: https://www.waltgoodridge.com/store/category/think-and-fast-long/

I hope it helps you find your own discipline and motivation to achieve the healing you wish for! Please feel free to ask any questions or leave a comment!

Here's a fast-themed musical selection to sing while you fast:

leonhaywood.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UdhqV3VURo

▪ How I escaped from America to live on Saipan!

▪ Watch "America's Forgotten Colonies" featuring a tour guide you may recognize!

▪ Learn everything there is to know about me at www.waltgoodridge.com

▪ Take a personalized WWII Pilgrimage/Amelia Earhart tour of Saipan
with "the Jamaican on Saipan"  at www.discoversaipan.com
 See what others have said! On Tripadvisor   On Google