age group divisions not populating on RSU

Gregg Mrkvicka

Jul 22, 2024, 11:45:12 AM (2 days ago) Jul 22
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
The race I timed Saturday-I can pull up reports in ART that show all age group awards and finishers. But when I push results to RSU not all age groups are populating, only some of them are. RSU says it's an Agee issue. Can anyone help?

Gregg Mrkvicka

Jul 22, 2024, 4:27:00 PM (2 days ago) Jul 22
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
I deleted everything except overall results for each race from run sign up using edit results then re published from the time race screen and still not working.

Brian Agee

Jul 22, 2024, 4:56:09 PM (2 days ago) Jul 22
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
If you haven't tried these exact steps, then give this a shot:

1. Open the Timing screen and pull all races in that aren't showing the results correctly on RSU.
2. Click on the "Action Keys" tab, then click on the "Delete" link that's under the "Publish Results" link.
4. Minimize or close the Timing screen and open the Edit Race screen.
5. Click on the Divisions tab and select the "Sync" button. Click NO on the first prompt, click Yes on the second prompt.

Gregg Mrkvicka

Jul 22, 2024, 7:43:26 PM (2 days ago) Jul 22
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
Unfortunately it didn't work.
You can see here ART sees them and ranks the runners.
Screenshot 2024-07-22 183158.png

 But they do not show up in RSU.
Screenshot 2024-07-22 183334.png
 Unfortunately RSU said it's not their issue.

Brian Agee

Jul 22, 2024, 7:58:14 PM (2 days ago) Jul 22
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
Hmm, can you send me your database file so that I can dig deeper into what is going on? Thanks!

Gregg Mrkvicka

Jul 22, 2024, 8:05:31 PM (2 days ago) Jul 22
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
Thanks, Brian. I appreciate it. It's on its way.

Gregg Mrkvicka

Jul 23, 2024, 9:46:29 AM (yesterday) Jul 23
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
There is an extra drop down box for this race's results that I've never seen before. Plus to the extreme right under each person's name it shows overall and age group as two numbers on top of each other. I've never seen that before. If you leave overall results alone and search the box next to it the age group results show up. (box circled in red)
unnamed (2).png

I have never seen that on any other race I have timed. Here is one we did a month or so ago.

Screenshot 2024-07-23 084404.png

Chris Roney

Jul 23, 2024, 9:53:25 AM (yesterday) Jul 23
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
See my post from 7/15 for similar questions with Runsignup.

Brian Agee

Jul 23, 2024, 11:38:20 AM (yesterday) Jul 23
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
Here is what I found and what I recommend:

Since the software has the ability to push/pull divisions with RunSignUp, there really isn't a need to check the "Add Division Results" box under "Publish Results" link. That will simply create a result set for every division in addition to the Overall Result set, which in the screenshot you shared makes that first drop down box (after the year) kind of messy looking and difficult for the user to navigate around. That checkbox is really only useful if you're pushing results to another platform that doesn't support adding age divisions and calculating it themselves like RunSignUp does.

If you push up divisions to RunSignUp, then that third drop down box in your screenshot can be used if the end user wants to dig deeper into a a particular division.

When I looked everything I found that only the divisions that contain a "+" or "&" symbol were not populating correctly. So that fix will be in this next update.

So in summary, since you've already got the Divisions pushed up to RunSignUp I would do the following:
  1. Pull both races into the timing screen.
  2. Click on the "Delete" link under the Publish Results link in the timing software. This will delete all of those 'age division' result sets in that second drop down list in your screenshot.
  3. Click Publish Results again, but this time without checking off any of the boxes below.
If you do actually want a result set for each divisions instead of just letting the participants use that third drop down list to see the division breakdown, then you don't have to do anything because I've already re-published all of the result sets for you after I fixed the bug with the divisions that contain a + or & symbol.

Gregg Mrkvicka

Jul 23, 2024, 3:05:04 PM (yesterday) Jul 23
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it. All seems to be OK