SMS w/ chip start

Christopher Regan

May 28, 2024, 8:40:25 PMMay 28
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
So normally if the race wants to give out awards as soon as people finish I suggest they use gun start instead of chip start so that when they get the text message it'll include their place and place in the age group. I do this because I've had 2 issues in the past where someone finished, got the message they got an age group award, but then someone who started behind them was actually faster so it switched up the places but the first person doesn't know that.

So if the race wants chip start I remove the age group place in the text message and tell them they need to use a printout I give them.

I want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious as to how to have a chip start and make sure that if I send the age group place in the text it'll be correct.

I know in RunSignup there's a way to specify that all divisions are based off gun time but I don't see that as a setting in ART.

Thanks for the insight
Christopher

Brian Agee

May 29, 2024, 5:21:09 PMMay 29
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
I believe that if you click on the "Public Display" tab on the right side of the timing screen and then click "Gun Time" in the "Time Display" group box then that will tell everything that you want results defaulted to Gun time instead of the normal default - which is "chip" time.

Jordan Schmidt

Jul 16, 2024, 9:30:03 AM (8 days ago) Jul 16
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
Hi Brian, can you elaborate a little more on this checkbox? What is it for, and how far does it reach? And is this something that needs to be checked every time the clock screen is opened? Thanks.

Brian Agee

Jul 17, 2024, 6:07:52 PM (7 days ago) Jul 17
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
Currently it always defaults to base results on "Chip" time when you open the timing screen. Of course if chip start times were not captured, then the software uses Gun time by default.

With the current version this is a setting that applies to all races pulled into the timing screen. With the next update, you'll be able to specify if you want results to default to Gun or Chip time for each race, and that setting will persist. To change between the two, just click on the icon I've circled in the screenshot below:

GunStart2.jpg