Setting up a race

Brian Sponseller

Jun 11, 2024, 7:40:24 PMJun 11
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
Looking for some advice.  I time a local race with about 120 total entrants between runners and walkers.  Last year I used chips on the runners and this year I would like to chip both.  They start at the same time and use the same finish.  I have set up the race in the following manner and would like to use my timing mats and side panel antenna's to capture the runners and walkers as they finish.
Race set up
1 race
Divisions Runners and Walkers
age groups are set to what the race director wanted with overall male and female winners and top 3 in each age group winning awards.

 My biggest questions is with the divisions set up like this will the software identify runners and walkers as long as I add that as a column in the spreadsheet they send me for registration.

Tanvir Ahmed

Jun 11, 2024, 8:26:31 PMJun 11
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
Just give them different series of bib numbers Example
Runner 10123, 10124
Walkers 20123, 20124

Set athlete type accordingly. I  guess this would work.

Ohio Race Day

Jun 16, 2024, 6:57:59 AMJun 16
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
We try to avoid splitting awards by Runner and Walker and designate all participants as "Runner".  this is because some folks run/walk, some walk, some run, some say they will walk and run instead, some say they will run and will walk instead.  There is no way to police this on the course.  But if you want to go that route, then sort your results in Edit Race >> Divisions >> Athlete Types.  I don't think you need to add a column on an Excel sheet.  Just use one column for Athlete Type and include both Runner or Walker in that single column.

Mike
Ohio Race Day