Countdown to race start on the timing computer.

David Tosch

Jun 27, 2024, 2:38:04 PMJun 27
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
Is it possible to get the software to display a countdown to race start. This was an automatic feature previously. Now I can't figure out how to get the clock to countdown.
Thank you

Brian Agee

Jun 27, 2024, 5:25:40 PMJun 27
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
You can start the race, then edit the start time and set it to a future date/time and when you click the Save icon the clock will count down to that time instead of count up. Currently it shows a negative symbol next to each digit, I might remove that for the next update because I don't see any real benefit of having the negative sign.

Steve Hudson

Jun 28, 2024, 2:38:20 AMJun 28
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
Hi Brian, did not realise you can do this : I set my races well in advance and start the race as part of the race day's regime. However, I've just tried your (different to my) sequence of actions when setting the clock and...I cannot get countdown to work. Instead of having 'special' sequences of actions, how about having a "countdown" checkbox  (default OFF), actioned when the Save is performed ?

Craig MacIntyre

Jun 29, 2024, 6:06:14 PMJun 29
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
It actually works fairly simply.  In the old version you just set the start time in race creation and as soon as you opened up the clock it worked.  Now you open up the screen then edit the start time from the timing screen.  Two things to be aware:
1.  I always have to do it twice ... the first time the seconds are off.
2.  The time on the timing screen will be off by an hour.  The time on the Public display will be correct.  I have reported this several times.  It is disconcerting but it works every time.

Remember, you actually start the race then edit the clock then click the box that says Actual Start Date and Time.