Checked In

Craig MacIntyre

Jan 30, 2024, 11:04:05 PMJan 30
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
I don't seem to be able to find this and it feels stupid, but what exactly does the
Checked In
box on the sync do?  I understand the require bib #.  Does this only pull in participants that have been checked in using one of the Race Day apps (either the app or on a laptop)?

Brian Agee

Jan 30, 2024, 11:27:20 PMJan 30
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
Correct, since most people use RunSignUp I'll use it as the example, but it should work with RaceRoster and RaceEntry if they have the option to mark participants as "checked in" in their system too.

Basically if you check "Require bib #" then of course when you hit "Sync" it will only pull in participants that have been assigned a bib # on RunSignUp. This is all I ever check.

The "Checked In" does the same thing, only pull in people that are checked in either through their website or on the app. This option comes in handy when a race wants to pre-assign bib #'s but you only want to pull in participants that truly showed up at the race and not every person that registered for the race.

Side note: As a safety measure the software automatically has the "Require Check In" box checked when you open the race on race day. If you ever mistakenly click 'Sync' without that checked and pull everyone in by accident, simply delete everyone out of the timing software and check the box and click Sync again.

Craig MacIntyre

Feb 4, 2024, 4:22:24 PMFeb 4
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
Learned something!

Using the web checkin rather than the app, our registration group did not properly train a volunteer.  Instead of clicking CheckIn and Save, he just clicked Save.  For a bunch of people (about 20).  So we had a bunch of rogue bibs on the course, lucky for us not a single one finished so we didn't have to deal with them on the timing machine but we figured it out because there were a bunch of DNF that were not checked in.

I don't think this is possible to do on the app ... but we couldn't get the app to work on everyones phone so we ended up using a phone and 2 computers.

Chris Roney

Jun 21, 2024, 5:11:34 PMJun 21
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
We used RunSignup for the 1st time this race. I as the Race Director and Timer thought that this race last Wednesday in 96 degree heat was great. We used dynamic bib assignment. The RaceDay CheckIn app is phenomenal for instant stats and checking people in. Also great for checking results. I much prefer this registration and results environment over Arrowlive results. We had 5 or 6 people just use their phone at the race making it easy to get people in and out. We had the local running store host two day packet pickup use a Chromebook and Web CheckIn to assign and check people in up to the point I picked up the bibs and shirts and took them onsite to the race that evening. This was great to drive foot traffic in to the store. They also used the RaceDay CheckIn app to make participant edits and event changes. We used the RunSignup platform to process credit cards registrations and used the Onsite registration option so that someone fill out a paper entry and pay with cash or those that need help entering credit card information. We have someone enter the data in to the website use the pay with Cash option. No more manual entries on my part so that I can focus on the timing aspect of our races.