Announcer Station?

strongislandrunningclub

Aug 6, 2021, 11:47:55 AM8/6/21
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
Hi all,

Having issue with announcer station. How to make it work when multiple tags come through at the same time? I'm getting it stuck on just one tag if i practice with 2/3/4 at the same time. The tag that was read has to be out of view before the next one gets read, rough with a bunch coming through at same time.

Thanks,
-John

Dave_PeninsulaAdventureSports

Sep 13, 2021, 10:02:47 PM9/13/21
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
I had this same question. I also thought there might be a setting for how long a runner show up on the display. It would be nice if one runner comes through it stay up for 10 seconds, and if more runners come in during that time it starts sharing the screen so 2, then 3, then 4 .. show up until the 10 seconds elapse then the first one disappears followed by the others at their 10 second intervals.  My announcer this weekend was a little frustrated not being able to announce most folks coming through the finish line, we ended up using the printed list of runners and someone calling off the bib numbers/names for the announcer.

Thanks,
Dave
Peninsula Adventure Sports

Christopher Regan

Jul 20, 2023, 9:34:12 PM7/20/23
to Agee Race Timing Users Group

I'm gonna push this back up to the top because i used it for the first time tonight. The Max / Min, I'm not sure they actually do anything. I figured the Max would show that many reads on the screen at the same time.
I'm like the ones above in that it only ever showed 1 bib and did not get people who were close. I had to keep telling the announcer who people were so he could read them.

Patrick W

Nov 12, 2023, 2:48:37 PM11/12/23
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
The announcer screen still will only display one tag.  We ran into issues using it because for some reason spectators wanted to stand by the announcer mat to watch and they'd jam up the screen..

Christopher Regan

Nov 12, 2023, 2:51:17 PM11/12/23
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
And, if the announcer station is linked to the backup database, it would be nice to not show finished runners.

Craig MacIntyre

Jan 30, 2024, 8:28:37 AMJan 30
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
I have the same issues ... I think what I am going to do this Saturday is just have a second timing computer, screen and antenna and display finishers for the announcer.  This seems to be the only way I can get multiple tags to show up.  Yeah, I just get names but at this stage that is better than nothing.

JK Race Timing Systems

Feb 9, 2024, 9:12:38 AMFeb 9
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
Hi
Another workaround is just have the same race running on the announcer station, just as a race and then you will see all the runners coming in as you would expect

Craig MacIntyre

Feb 9, 2024, 9:23:33 AMFeb 9
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
That is what we ended up doing.  Though we had some weird issues with the reader dropping connection repeatedly.  But that seemed simple though you loose some of the data you can toss up on the announcer screen

Jordan Schmidt

Jul 2, 2024, 6:02:40 PMJul 2
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
I too have done the auxiliary clock screen in place of announcer screen setup for announcers. Just bumping this again to see feedback from anyone who has success using the announcer screen.

Joe Fertsch

Jul 4, 2024, 1:00:39 PMJul 4
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
I use a secondary system before the main and time the race like main but have the Display Screen showing on pc which shows runners name large and also serves as a backup system if things go bad - like the did today for me ( freezing up on main system )