Unfortunate freezing and loss of reader connection in races

Joe Fertsch

Jul 6, 2024, 5:17:03 PMJul 6
to Agee Race Timing Users Group
I was hoping to say this was in the past but just wanted to report two problems with two different events.   We had a 4th of July event my main laptop froze up after about 23 minutes in and during a lot of people coming through the finish.  Clock stopped wouldnt respond until forced to ctrl alt delete and end task   we lost about 2 minutes of finishing times but entered them in manually.   This morning we had another race where the clock did not freeze but the readers disconnected.  We realized this quicker and had to start listening and it reconnected.  I have a newer 16gb laptop and not sure if anyone else is having any issues lately?  Another odd thing happened this morning  I had a back up laptop reading runners before the finish as a sort of announcer station.   Everything was going good until I had the idea of turning on the public display.  Not tv was connected to the laptop and I assumed the display would just show on the screen so the names would be larger.  When I turned on the public display it stopped reading and the clock reset to zero,   There were already times in there and when I restarted the clock and started listing all those finish times changed until I edited the time.   I then just kept the regular timing screen up and no issues on that pc   Just throwing it out there - I have a busy fall and hope to get to the bottom of this whether its a hardware thing or what    Thanks