Implementing a python module for age on top of the Rust age crate

Kushal Das

Jul 12, 2020, 2:18:35 PM7/12/20
to age-dev
Hi,

Today evening I started implementing a Python module[0] written in Rust for age. I am not  a cryptographer. So, I am using the Rust age[1] crate for the actual
work.

I just started working on it from the evening, it will take a lot of iterations to make it properly usable (proper error handling in Python etc).
Because I am dependent on the age crate, I am hoping not to create big loopholes.

Only when I tried to push the documentation to readthedocs[2] (just before writing this email), I noticed someone did a complete re-implementation in Python itself[3].
I am still planning to continue on my port as I am planning to build on top of the age crate.

Kushal Das