AftrRAD Version 5.0

Mike Sovic

Feb 16, 2016, 4:44:06 PM2/16/16
to AftrRAD
Hi All,

Attached to this message is AftrRAD version 5.0 (also now available on the GitHub site and my OSU site).  Highlights in this version include…

1.)  An option for parallel processing to speed analyses when multi-core machines are available.  This currently works on the demultiplexing and alignment portions of the script.  Will maybe expand it to work on other parts in the future.
2.)  Reduced RAM requirements - I think this will be especially noticeable for runs using the dplexedData-1 flag with large datasets.
3.)  New formatting options including output for TreeMix, Fasta, Migrate, and options for folded and multidimensional site frequency spectra for FastSimCoal.
4.)  Several fixes of relatively minor bugs in earlier versions.

Note that v5.0 requires that Parallel:ForkManager is installed.  I was able to do this on both my Mac and Linux system by simply typing "sudo cpan Parallel:ForkManager" at the command prompt, entering the sudo password, and typing 'yes' whenever prompted.  Details on this an all new options are in the updated manual.

In case you have any issues with installing Parallel:ForkManager, version 4.X can still be used - just of course limited to a single processor.

Hope it's helpful - please let us know if you run in to any problems.

            Mike
AftrRADv5.0.zip