NOATVAR use of WHEN, and addition of += and -=

John Bridges

Jul 1, 2014, 8:40:09 PM7/1/14
to after...@googlegroups.com
Tue, 01 July 2014

Problem with WHEN for Javascript/NOATVAR fixed, the name of the when
needs to be in quotes, but the other options do not:

    when "test" always after 450 {
        messagebox("Hello");
    }

Added the -= and += operators, very useful for Javascript style FOR loops.

 for n from 1 to 10 step 2

 for(n=1; n<=10; n+=2)

Tue, 17 Jun 2014

DELETE command added, a synonym for FREE.
Big difference is in NOATVAR mode, the value passed is not treated as
a variable:

SCRIPTOPTIONS ATVAR
  local fred array(5,6)
  free fred
SCRIPTOPTIONS NOATVAR
  var fred = array(5,6);
  delete fred;     // same as free("fred");

Tue, 10 Jun 2014

GOTO now works in when NOATVAR is enabled (previously it would try to treat the
label as a variable).

REMEMBER, JAVASCRIPT DOES NOT HAVE A GOTO COMMAND. This is a fix for AG
scripts only.

Dick Trump

Jul 13, 2014, 5:28:29 PM7/13/14
to after...@googlegroups.com, John Bridges
John

I have a little in-house project that I wanted to use AfterGrasp for (it needs to write JPG files) but had not had it installed since I transitioned to Windows 7 (32 bit on this machine).

When I tried to install the latest build (and an old one as well), I get the dreaded 'Error in registry' message when attempting to run AGEdit.

I researched old message (I have them all) and found the exchange below.  Making the registry entries didn't change the results. You probably haven't had to deal with anyone installing for awhile, so maybe you're still at a loss, but I thought I would check in with you anyway.

Regards

Dick Trump
Triad AV Services
1910 Ingersoll Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50309
(515) 243-2125
d.t...@triadav.com
http://www.triadav.com

On 1/6/2006 11:41 PM, John Bridges wrote:
On 1/6/06, TNovotny <tnov...@newnewz.biz> wrote:
Ditto - no AGEdit for me. It worked for a while, but when John posted
Something saying he recompiled Dick B.'s editor, I tried installing
It over a previous version that worked. Now it is not useable.

Tom Novotny
New News Productions

I think I have it solved.

Using the magic of VMWARE to have a clean copy of XP that reverts back
to clean evertime I start it, and REGMON to watch what registry entry
AGEDIT is looking at when it give the error message I've figured out
what two registry entries AGEDIT wants.

If you open this REG file on your machine (adding it's entries to your
registry), it should suddenly work for you. I've tested this on a
completely clean machine (virtual machine) that has XP and fixes on
it, no other software.

If it works for everyone, I'll modify the installer to create these
registry keys.

(This REG is a text file, you can read it yourself with any text
editor. Here is what is says)

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.AGP]
@="agedit.Project"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.AGP\ShellNew]
"NullFile"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.AGS]
@="agedit.Document.1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.AGS\ShellNew]
"NullFile"=""

--
Dick Trump
Triad AV Services

John Bridges

Jul 13, 2014, 8:13:57 PM7/13/14
to Dick Trump, after...@googlegroups.com
I haven't used AGEdit in a long time.

I usually use the old GLPRO editor (which does work fine with AfterGRASP although the syntax highlighting is wrong), or more often I use Visual Studio since it's a better all around editor.

All I can think of is to delete all the registry entries for AGEDIT, and then re-install.

Dick Trump

Jul 13, 2014, 11:36:49 PM7/13/14
to after...@googlegroups.com
On 7/13/2014 7:13 PM, John Bridges wrote:
> All I can think of is to delete all the registry entries for AGEDIT,
> and then re-install.
Thanks, John.

I did that already. Didn't work. I'll just use UltraEdit, my old
standby text editor. I already have the script doing the image
manipulation and saving I want. Now I just need to write the code to
have it watch for new files as they arrive in an FTP folder on our
server (1 per minute). I think I can do that fairly easily.