Community Meetup: 23 June @ 10:00 UTC

afrimapr R building blocks for African data

Jun 18, 2021, 9:57:47 AM6/18/21
to afri...@googlegroups.com
Dear community,

We're excited to announce our two speakers for the upcoming afrimapr community event next week.

Date: 23 June 2021
Time: 10:00 - 11:00 UTC
Connect: Zoom (to be shared shortly before the meeting)

Dr Anware Musah from the University College London will be presenting a talk titled "“Areal-level mapping of mosquito-borne arboviruses in the city of Recife, Brazil”. All analysis in this project was done in R.

Our second speaker, Dr Jeroen Ooms, from ROpenSci will share some information about the ROpenSci project and will focus specifically on the R Universe which was recently released. This talk will be relevant to R developers and trainers as well as newcomers to R.

We welcome everyone to join us. The aim is to inspire conversation, collaboration, and further skills development.

No need to register. Connection details will be shared on the Google Group and Twitter account shortly before the event.

Please feel free to share the attached flyer with others who may be interested.

Kind regards,

The afrimapr team
afrimapr Community meetups - advertisement - June 2021.pdf