Reminder: meetup in ~3.5 hours @ 10:00 UTC/12:00 CAT

1 view

afrimapr

Mar 23, 2022, 2:21:10 AM3/23/22
to afrimapr
Dear afrimapr community,

A reminder that this month’s meetup will start today at 10:00 UTC/12:00 CAT.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/99253079752?pwd=MVE3VXpiMGVSWFZXQlpVcEc4NEhvdz09

We will also be using a collaborative Google Doc for taking notes and sharing information:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CUarxHww2TI48GF11jn8vTAPZsw07NlnAwGO0-eUdHU/edit?usp=sharing

In today's session we'll give more info about the upcoming afrimapr keynote talk at the international useR!2022 conference (https://user2022.r-project.org/) and our invitation to complete the community feedback form at https://forms.gle/tWPRyJcS9FuMCBxv6.

I will also introduce a range of R packages that facilitates easy access to open data sets. We will look at data related to mapping, health, climate, society, and more, while specifically focusing on Africa. We’ll also share some resources to help you get started with your data package in R. The talk will be relevant to those not yet familiar with R as well.

Please share with colleagues who may be interested to join the session.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Kind regards,

Anelda on behalf of the afrimapr team