Feedback from first community meetup

afrimapr

May 26, 2021, 9:18:38 AM5/26/21
to afrimapr
Dear colleagues,

Huge apologies for sharing the incorrect connection details due to a technical glitch.

We're delighted to confirm that despite the challenges 15 people were able to join us representing:
  • South Africa
  • Uganda
  • Cameroon
  • Kenya
  • the UK
  • Switzerland

During the meeting we asked participants what they would like to have or learn during these monthly meetups. You can see the responses in the shared document.

Next month (23 June at 10:00 - 11:00 UTC) we'll have a short guest presentation by Anwar Musah, who is interested in combining statistical modelling, GIS and data sciences to address epidemiology and social science problems. Thanks Anwar for volunteering! We'll be confirming a second speaker in the next weeks. Looking forward to seeing you all there again.

We encourage you to use this Google Group to share information, links, resources, funding opportunities, training opportunities and more that may be of interest to people in the intersection of R, mapping, and Africa.

Looking forward to grow this community with you!

Kind regards,

The afrimapr team