Call for participation:State of the Map Africa 2021

Anelda Van der Walt

Jun 14, 2021, 5:45:49 AM6/14/21
to afri...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

This opportunity just came across my desk and I'd like to share it here with Open Street Map enthusiasts:

From 19th to 21st November 2021, the OSM Africa community will be coming together for yet another exciting conference: State of the Map Africa, 2021. The conference aims to bring together OpenStreetMap enthusiasts from Africa and beyond. The conference will provide an opportunity for mappers to share and exchange ideas, knowledge, and experience; expand their network, and generate ideas to grow OSM within the continent. We are inviting members of the OpenStreetMap community and other OSM data users to share with us about your mapping projects and ideas, OSM experiences at an individual, community or institutional level. From beginner mappers, OSM data users, to community leaders, we would like to hear from you!

In addition to proposals on OSM contribution, usage, and development, with this year’s theme being Leaving no one behind: Emerging from a global pandemic, we are keen to learn about:

  • Mapping projects focused on marginalized communities and minorities.
  • Mapping projects that supported the fight against COVID-19.
  • How your OSM community adapted to the pandemic.
  • Your individual mapping experience during the pandemic.
  • Mapping collaborations across different entities, communities, and countries.
Kind regards,

Anelda

--
Anelda van der Walt